[⁴🦋] 𝚋𝚎𝚘𝚖𝚐𝚢𝚞

mondays like this were rare

it had turned out to be a pretty good day for beomgyu, because by the end of his classes, he hadn't taken a beating, hadn't been pushed into the walls and lockers of the school, hadn't been thrown on the floor like a good-for-nothing rag. he'd just had his money taken away and that was pretty much it. it wasn't so bad compared to everything that could have happened to him on a regular monday.

everyone knew, including him, that mondays were the start of new ordeals.

but beomgyu was aware of the reason behind his bullies' quietness. they just had the time of their lives in the bathroom, as weird as it sounds and the energy to torment the younger was low to non-existent. would he complain about it, though? nah, it really was a good day.

still, there was only one thing on the list that rose his anxieties and fears to a precarious level. unfortunately, they going easy on him today didn't change the fact that him and yeonjun were still paired for the history project.

on his way back home, that's all he could think of. in the bus, on the street, that's all his mind was projecting. why did he want to meet at my house in the first place? was his first question, but then a long, endless chain of other questions followed.

first of all, beomgyu couldn't stand to be in the same room as yeonjun without suffering from a panic attack or collapsing out of fear and... overwhelming feelings, so how will he manage to do that on friday?

not texting him his address was an option, but it also came with its consequence: if you want them to beat the shit out of you daily for that, sure, go ahead and ignore his demands.

beomgyu hated the position he was put in without his will, hated yeonjun for being who he was in that school, hated him for being a fucked up person, a bully and an asshole to everybody, but mostly to him, and hated to still have feelings for him.

"yah, watch where you're going, kid!" snapped someone at him when he accidentally bumped into them because he wasn't paying attention.

"i-i'm sorry-" he apologized and bent forward respectfully for being so ignorant while walking, but it wasn't entirely his fault. a certain redhead happened to lurk in his mind 24/7, haunting him and blinding him too, apparently.

but after that, beomgyu tried his best to stay focused and keep himself away from accidentally slamming his body into others. why was the whole universe against him today? well, everything was against him all the time, but today was generously doubled.

there had to be something he could do to save his skin from yeonjun. now his private space, his comfort zone was about to get dirtied and profaned and it was just a matter of time until he would feel like he didn't belong there anymore.

then, he would be all alone, with no dark corner to hide in.

minutes later, he got back home. he entered and took off his shoes and coat, still breathing heavily because the elevator in the apartment building was broken, and since no one ever came to fix it, he had to climb several flights of stairs to the fifth floor, where his apartment was located. his cheeks caught a beautiful shade of red and he looked so pretty like that, especially with his hair ruffled.