[¹⁶🦋] 𝚋𝚎𝚘𝚖𝚐𝚢𝚞

that week, beomgyu didn't go to school

that week, beomgyu didn't go to school. taehyun was the one who had told the teachers about his absence and the reason for it, and therefore, because he was his only friend, he was also excused from class to be with him.

his grandmother's funeral had felt like a heavy, cold stone on the boy's shoulders and chest, so hard to bear. her death had marked him. his feelings were hurt, and the constant weeping brought with it a sense of emptiness in his soul. in short, beomgyu mourned his grandmother until he had no more tears to shed.

during that period of a few days, his parents had tried to be there for him. even taehyung, his cousin had reached out to him, but beomgyu had almost completely isolated himself from his family members. and i say almost completely because taehyun was the only one who had been allowed to be with him during his time of grief.

in those few days, it seemed that taehyun had moved in with beomgyu, for he slept over, spending the nights on the living room couch which, though not very comfortable, managed to provide him with a warm place to sleep. he would get up early and make breakfast for both of them, then sneak into beomgyu's room to keep him company and make sure he ate something.

most of the time, beomgyu had rejected food. he was feeding with the ache of his heart.

what was most depressing was that taehyun found his friend in the same position he had left him the night before, curled up into a ball, and most of the time he found him with his eyes open, looking like he hadn't slept all night. his eyes and nose were red from crying, but before long, beomgyu had learned that it was better to cry under the shower stream.

it was enough that taehyun treated him as if he were a child who was unable to do anything by himself and needed extra care. which was, in fact, true. he knew he had become a burden to him and was trying to get back on his feet little by little.

pretending that everything was all right all at once would have been unnatural and hard, and would probably have caused more inner turmoil among his emotions, but he couldn't just be a dead man walking either; it had already been a few days since he had left his bedroom.

so, on Sunday, beomgyu summoned up the courage to surprise taehyun with breakfast, putting into that gesture all the gratitude he could muster for all he had done for him.

what's more, it was he who had suggested that they go for a walk, taking advantage of a sunny day. it wasn't very warm outside, but a little cold air wouldn't hurt anyway. on the last day of rest, beomgyu seemed to be showing signs of emotional healing, even if things weren't going to be pink for a long time to come. especially when, whenever he passed the front of the hospital, he would feel his whole world crumble again and again, and the terrible longing for a lost soul would eat him alive.

yet in all this amalgam of grim and unpleasant events, the friendship between him and taehyun bloomed like a cherry blossom, so pure and beautiful, and the sincere bond between them brought them even closer to each other. they became inseparable in such a short time.