[²¹🦋] 𝚋𝚎𝚘𝚖𝚐𝚢𝚞

(A/N): please, read this first!this is going to be a longer chapter than usual because my plans have slightly changed

this is going to be a longer chapter than usual because my plans have slightly changed. i realized that it would be pointless to write an extremely long chapter before the epilogue when i could actually split it in two parts. so yeah, chapter 22 will be out soon.
and lastly, thank you so much for almost 2k reads, for the votes and comments, y'all make me so happy! :((

tonight was finally the night where beomgyu had to face the real source of anxiety in his life. it was the night when his plans consisted of nothing but all his family members, people he's sure he didn't meet before and a lot of uncomfortable feelings.

he wasn't too happy about it, he didn't want to leave his comfort zone in the first place, but he promised his cousin he'd be there for him on his special night. and yes, a part of him was curious about the man whom he was dating. maybe... maybe with some good luck, he was a nice guy and he was treating taehyung rightfully.

beomgyu tried his best to look presentable, leaving no room for judgments and nasty comments from his aunts—his mother's sisters—along with his mother on top of the pyramid. maybe i'll get to make a good impression in front of taehyung's friends at least, he thought.

because parts of him knew that, no matter how much he tried to impress, there would be something left to complain about. his hair, his posture, his lack of words... anything.

pushing all the vile thoughts that were feasting on his soul aside, beomgyu stopped his foot from bouncing and got out of the trance that kept him in a dreaming state the entire car ride. the taxi stopped at the destination and the boy had to pay, but as he reached his pockets for the wallet, he realized something.

the level of his anxiety was so high that he unconsciously started to scratch the corners of his cuticles, attempting to destroy his thumb without even noticing. the blood gushed out at some point and now it dried and looked just... bad.

he had to hide that, too. along with his true self, just for the night.

living in a judging family with high standards about everything was never easy. the brown-haired male dealt with it his whole life without any remedy for his stress or fears. he couldn't live a normal life because he needed to follow a strict set of rules; from the way he was supposed to dress, to his studying program, which was pretty much taking over his social life. no wonder why he never had any friends.

until he welcomed taehyun in his life, beomgyu wasn't even eager to break free from his parents' ways, even though he had his own place to stay now.

back in the day, he would experience ugly headaches almost every day while still being under his parents' roof. and, even though he loved and respected them for everything they did to him—more affectionate on his mother's side—, he wanted nothing but to be on his own and stay away from them for a while.