5 | someday

Crazy how you think you know somebodyEvery little freckle on their bodyIt's crazy how we're strangers nowFunny how I still hear from your familyI wonder if it's 'cause you're feeling guiltyIt's crazy how you're not my future now

Every little freckle on their body
It's crazy how we're strangers now
Funny how I still hear from your family
I wonder if it's 'cause you're feeling guilty
It's crazy how you're not my future now

It hurts but I know

Someday I'll wake up and won't waste my makeup
Someday I'll wake up and laugh about the breakup
I'll be dancing on my own
Sipping coffee, staying home
I'll be singing like I always do
Someday I'll wake up and not think about

How you think you know somebody
The only person you look for at a party
It's crazy how you're all I think about
Called you first before my friends
Told you all of my regrets
You're the only one I needed when it was 3 AM
It's crazy how I can't call you now

It hurts but I know

Someday I'll wake up and won't waste my makeup
Someday I'll wake up and laugh about the breakup
I'll be dancing on my own
Sipping coffee, staying home
I'll be singing like I always do
Someday I'll wake up and not think about

Where you are
Or who you're with
Or if you're sad
Do you reminisce?
Where you go, or who you kiss
Are you happier?
What do you miss?

Someday I'll wake up
Someday I'll wake up and not think about
You

three months after
third person

by the third month, brooke knew it was time to start thinking about moving on. it wasn't healthy for her to obsess over what the brown haired boy was doing back in boston. she knew that day would happen someday, but it wasn't today.

for now, she was going to keep matt on her mind.

nick and chris had messaged her, along with marylou, asking how los angeles was. it felt strange, having almost every sturniolo message her, except the one who used to talk to her all day long.

if she called him at three in the morning, he would answer. she used to call him when she needed him, and he never let it go to voicemail.

brooke thought she was losing her mind, for she could have sworn she had seen matt at a party. your mind does drastic things when you miss someone, when you crave someone.

when you love someone.

someday, she'd be okay again.
-
third person
five months after

back in boston, matt had finally begun to move on. he wouldn't stay up all hours of the night thinking about brooke, he wouldn't wake up with brooke being his first thought.

did he miss her? of course. why else would he make sure to listen to every song she released? he needed to hear her voice, hear her thoughts.

it was one in the morning when he listened to her new song. listening to it late at night might not have been the smartest idea on his part, because now he knew he would spend the rest of the night missing his best friend.

he hated thinking about the girl crying over him, but in a way it made him feel better, knowing she had been upset over losing him. it wasn't one sided, they both missed each other. he thought about where they would be now if he hadn't of let his worries get the best of him, if he stayed with her and let her go to los angeles. she was following her dream after all, just like he was. he knew he couldn't have been able to handle the long distance, but he truly wished he had been strong enough to.

he found himself wondering how she was, if she made any good friends.

opening up his messages, he found brooke's name, trying his hardest not to look at any previous messages.

hi. how are you?

he almost sent it. but the four words were soon deleted, and instead, he found himself looking at old pictures.

that night, he couldn't fall asleep, no matter how hard he tried. all he could think about was if her someday had come yet, if she was laughing about the break up, if she didn't think about him anymore.

he secretly hoped she still missed him, just a little. because at that moment in time, he missed her like crazy.