Chapter Six Explosive

"May I talk to you for a moment?" I heard Ida voice while I was washing the dishes; I looked behind me seeing Halston mother holding Lamont with a shy expression on her face

"Yea Ida wassup?" I asked finishing up the dishes; had like three bowls and a plate left.

"Um I say this out of kindness but if you are struggling with postpartum depression I would like to help; I dealt with it when I had Ruslan and Avery." She spoke and I paused for a minute but continue to scrub the bowl I had in my hand.

"Who told you?" I asked.

"... Halston was ranting about it with his father." She answered and I raised my eyebrow.

Ranting? Am I a problem for him now?

"Ranting? ... yeah I'm dealing with it but I'm working on it." I told her.

I think I am

If not I'm ready to now.

I'm trying

It's not fucking easy.

"Oh okay good; um if you need someone to talk to I'm here; judgment free zone I swear." She said and I looked back seeing her bounce Lamont I'm her arms watching him reach for his grandmother face laughing at her.

I smiled.

"I'll take a mental note of that thank you ida." I said genuinely earning a smile from her.

"I can do the dishes. Lamont been a little fussy and Ruslava is entertaining Hazel with a cartoon on the television." She said and I nod my head pouring a little bit of dish soap in my hand washing them since I was doing the dishes. I left the water running turning around as Ida hand me Lamont who kept whining. Holding him I smile giving him a kiss on his forehead, shutting him up.

My son looked at me dumb founded before giggling at me; I did again to see his reaction just to earn another laughter from him. I felt the corner of my lips tug a little; he put a smile on my face.

"You look like your father." I whispered watching him babble. My son has my eye color and hair; same with Hazel a little the only thing different is her hair color which is brunette.

"He takes after you in my opinion." Ida spoke and I let out a dry laugh.

"It would make sense since he's lowkey give me the most difficulty." I said giving Lamont kisses on his face, making my baby smile.

I looked at the digital clock that rest on the center of the circle island that read four fifteen. I made my way to the living room seeing Halston dad knocked out on his recliner, foot prop up Hazel on his chest sleeping while his right hand rest in her back and his head hang a little off the couch head while snores lightly. I walked over taking the remote that laid on Ruslava arm rest. Changing the channel turning to one of the soap operas; putting the captions on so I can read.