ONE- Intro

Hello all! This is my first book and I'm writing this first chapter at 3am because I suddenly felt the need to do more with my life instead of going to sleep.

-

Carla

It's 5am and I'm exhausted from the week we've had at work. As CEO of my company, I have a lot of responsibilities to deal with and it's a tiring job. But it's my daydream that I'm currently living and I couldn't be more thankful. But however exhausted I am, I can't miss my morning run. Groaning, I get out of bed and drag myself to the bathroom and dress up in black leggings and a grey hoodie with my hair in a tight low bun. Wearing my watch, I pick up my phone and march out.

While I'm running around the block, I can't help but feel stressed out about the fashion show we are having tomorrow. I have poured my heart and soul into the designs of our dresses this season. I think back to the colors and beauty of the dresses and smile, feeling proud of myself.

But the importance of this particular event is more than the previous ones because we finally got the CEO, Damien Campbell to RSVP to a show of ours after months of efforts. If Campbell Corporations gets into business with us for a project, my company's name could become very popular and it would be great publicity. I just hope he likes the designs tomorrow because tomorrow's event will decide if he'll have a meeting with us or not.

Looking at the time, I see that I've been running for the past 45 minutes and I need to get back home. After making myself a coffee I get in the warm shower, washing all the sweat away. Once I'm done, I wrap a towel around my body and walk to my closet. I settle on a dark grey suit with a white shirt, style my brown shoulder length hair in beach waves, apply minimal makeup with a dark red red lipstick, put on my white stilettos and grabbing my purse and a muffin, I leave the house.

By 8am, I'm walking to my office and I notice everyone busy with making everything perfect for tomorrow. It makes me so happy to see all of my staff motivated and determined to make it work, just like me. Opening my laptop, I get to work for the day.

-

Hey guys, I know the chapter's short but it's only because it's the first chapter. The next ones will be longer <3