FIVE- Fashion Show

Carla

It has been two weeks since I last saw Damien and my mind keeps going back to that somewhat intimate moment we shared. Maybe it wasn't even intimate, maybe I just thought that it was. But I could've sworn we had a moment there. Either way, I can't afford to mess up tomorrow's fashion show by talking to him about it. But I'm kind of nervous to see him tomorrow. God knows I tend to embarrass myself in situations like that. Anyway, all I care about at the moment is the Campbell x Wallace collection. that launches tomorrow after the show. Only work matters.

With that thought, I get ready for bed and I'm motivated to get over this stupid crush I have on someone who's way out of my league.

-

It was 9am at the moment and I was giving everything a final touch. The event starts at 5pm so I have some time before I have to head home to dress up. I was deep in thought when Jake entered my office.

"Hey, Anna wasn't there so I just came in. Here's the order list you asked for. Sasha will be starting the show and Inana will be ending it. Sounds good?" He said, bags obvious under his eyes.

"Yeah, sounds good. Hey, you okay Jake? You look tired." I asked, concern evident in my voice.

"Yeah, just didn't get much sleep last night. Anyway, I think everything looks perfect and we're good to go. Is there anything else you need?"

"Yeah, no I think that's all. I'll see you at the show, Jake. Take care of yourself." I smiled at him.

"Yeah, see you there, Carla."

-

I wore a lavender, satin, strapless dress that hugged my body perfectly and ended just above my ankles. Paired with the same colored stilettos and beach waves, it looked perfect. Wearing the same dimaond necklace and earrings, I settled for natural, light makeup and a nude lip color. All in all, I looked gorgeous.

I walked inside the hall to see everything as elegant as possible. The decor was breath-taking and guests had arrived. I walked backstage 10 minutes before the show's starting to find all the models ready. I breathed a sigh of relief to see everything was in place, nobody tore their dress and no one was having a panic attack right before the show.

My eyes wandered around to check if Damien had showed up yet but I didn't find him. Sighing, I walked over to the models and took a close look at their dresses. Pure perfection. Jake really is talented and together, we've managed to create some amazing pieces.

I was deep in thought when Damien came backstage with Jake behind him. "So, this is what you've both created. I must say, it's impressive." Nodding at me, "Carla, so lovely to see you." Man, why does he always look so fucking gorgeous?

"Hi Damien, the show starts in 30 seconds, is everyone seated?" I ask as professionally as possible.

"Yes. Everyone's ready." He says, looking me up and down.

"Okay everybody, chins up and spirits high. Sasha, get ready, we go on in 5 seconds." Jake continues, "Carla, I have to check something outside, will you be okay backstage by yourself?" He asks in a low voice. "Yeah, I'm good, go." With that, he walks out.

"I'll stay backstage with you." Damien states and I nod.

I feel it coming - the weeknd starts playing and Sasha makes her entrance in a beautiful baby blue floor length gown, swaying her hips as she walks. I look at the screen in front of me set up backstage, completely in awe of the designs.

Every girl that walks out, walks with such elegance and pulls off each dress so well. I have the smallest smile spreading across my face and I sigh. I look towards Damien and find him standing close to me, a little too close, staring at me instead of the screen and I take in a deep breath.

Smiling, I ask, "Do you like the designs?"

He pauses before whispering in my ear, "I had no doubt that you would create something beautiful, but this exceeded even my expectations Carla." He continued staring intently at me, "Absolutely beautiful." See this- this is what I was talking about. I can't be imagining this, right? The look on his face, his tone- this is a moment! I felt my cheeks heat up and looked away.

Mumbling a quiet thank you, I focus back on the screen. Inana's making her way out and once she comes back, all the models will go out together in a line and do one final bow to close the show. I watch everything carefully and once they gracefully come back and the curtain closes, I sigh happily.

Another successful show. 17 year old me would be so proud to see me living my dream and making it work.

-

"Here's to another successful show. Carla, girlie, you make so damn proud of you everyday." Beth sighs.

"Yeah don't go all cheesy on me now." I laugh and continue, "Thank you Bethy, it means the world to me that you and Isabelle are here. I don't know what I'd do without you guys." I say genuinely.

"Yeah, who's going cheesy now?" Beth makes a dramatic face and I laugh. "Speaking of, where is Isabelle anyway?" Beth asks.

"I think she went to get a drink." I reply and Beth leaves to go find her.

"Carla. Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight?" Damien says from behind me.

I turn around and laugh, "No, I don't believe you did." I say dramatically. "Well, you look breath-taking. Here's to another success" He says, raising his glass towards me.

"Yeah, I really enjoyed working on these designs with Jake." I say and the way he clenched his jaw at that statement didn't go unnoticed by me but I brushed it off. "Anyway, I'm glad the night went well." I continued and he nodded.

"Well indeed." He says, staring at me. "It was a pleasure doing business with you Damien. I'm sure every piece will sell out before the end of the month." I say and feel a tinge of sadness knowing that after today, I'm probably not going to meet him.

"Yes. It was a pleasure. Take care of yourself Carla." He replied, still staring intently.

"Goodnight, Damien." He paused before replying, "Goodnight, Wallace. I'll be seeing you around." He winked and walked away. I released a breath and got ready to say goodbye to my guests.

I certainly hope this isn't the last time I'm seeing him. This gorgeous, gorgeous man.

-

Three updates in one dayyy. What do you guys think??

Please like, vote and comment guysss, I would be so grateful <3