THIRTEEN - Is that sympathy?

Carla

I woke up this time to Damien's soft snores, him big arms wrapped around me lightly. The sun was shining brightly through the sheer curtains but the pounding in my head remained.

If everything that has happened so far has taught me anything, it's that I don't have to kill myself by entirely submitting to him, but maybe a little bit of compliance could spare me all that torture.

I looked at him and took in his features. Light stubble had formed on his cheeks. His forehead did not have his usual frown on it today and he looked so peaceful. Beautiful and peaceful. What a shame, someone so painfully gorgeous is absolutely bat shit crazy and I hate him.

Carefully, I slid out of his warm hold and made my way to the bathroom as quietly as possible. Once inside, I locked the door and let out a sigh. I looked in the mirror to find a small bandage on my forehead and my elbow wrapped up. My neck was covered in dark bruises that I'm guessing Tony gifted me with. God, that was so horrible. Remembering what Damien left me to deal with, I let out a soft sob, hating my helpless life. Deciding I need to do my business and take a quick shower, I slide in to the other side of the bathroom. I wonder if my clothes are still in the closet or will I have to wear these dirty clothes again. Either way, I needed this warm water.

At this point, I genuinely don't know what the future holds for me. Will he keep me here forever? Will he let me go eventually? Will he kill me when he's bored with this little game? Why did he help me?

Was that sympathy on his face for me yesterday?

So many questions. I was drained and emotionally exhausted beyond words. I also desperately need to eat something now before I pass out again.

Deciding that I've been here long enough and it's time to look for food, I wrap the bathrobe around me and walk out to the closet, hoping to god Damien doesn't walk in. I quickly rummage through the drawers to find undergarments already set out like last time and huff. Well, whatever, I need these right now. Wearing a plain white set, I move onto the clothes and settle on an oversized grey hoodie and light blue loose fit jeans. I brush my hair and walk out in the room only to find a freshly showered Damien sitting on my bed, wearing another brand new suit, using his phone.

As soon as he notices my presence, he stands up and walks towards me, "Good morning Carla, I see you have already freshened up. How are you feeling now?" He asks as if he's genuinely concerned.

"I'm okay." I reply and stand quietly, not knowing what else to say. Do I tell him I want to yell at the top of my lungs that I hate him? Or do I tell him that every part of me just wants to give up with exhaustion and pain? That him and his men are responsible for it?

"Very well. Let's get you some breakfast and then we'll talk." He stands there, looking at me like he wants to something else but doesn't. I just nod and follow him out of the room.

We walk to the kitchen downstairs and the heavenly scent of freshly made pancakes hits me, reminding me of how hungry I really am. I sit down on my seat as Damien takes a seat in front of me and Martha places both our plates in front of us. "Thank you." I smile weakly at her and dig right in.

-

I"m currently standing in front of Damien's office, dreading going in. Apparently, we need to talk and it can only happen here. I don't even want to see him but I guess at this point I don't really have a say. It's either do what Damien wants or Tony gets another round. Oh, how i loathe Tony. Sighing, I lightly knock on the door and walk in after hearing a "come in" from the devil himself.

Only poking my head in, I try to speak up through the pain in my neck. Boy, Tony really did a number on my neck, didn't he? It hurts to swallow and even speak loudly. "You said you wanted to talk?"

"Yes, come sit." Damien goes on in his usual cold tone and gestures for me to take a seat on the chair across from him. I sit down and wait for him to continue. The sooner this thing is over, the sooner I can go back to my room and cry myself to sleep.

"You may go back to your business, go on about your regular life -with some changes, of course- and may go out as you please." My heart stops. He's letting me go? Finally. Fina-fucking-ly. "With one condition." He goes on.

What, not tell anyone he's a cold blooded, heartless killer mafia boss? Sure. I wait for him to go on.

"Marry me."

-

Hi everyone, it's been a while since I updated. Partly because of finals and partly because there is hardly any engagement here :(

It would mean the world to me if you guys could comment what you think of the book so far!!

I'll be updating frequently now. Stay safe everyone <3