Confusion [Warrior Cats: Honeyfern x Reader]

Requested by Pinestripe37, sorry if this took too long and isn't what you wanted. I couldn't do a "meeting the character" for Warrior Cats, so I did a realizing their feelings instead. I know it's really short, I'm really unmotivated right now.

Reader is male, NB or gay female if you really want it, doesn't matter

Y/N = Your name (warrior name)

P/C = Pelt color

E/C = Eye color

F/P = Favorite prey

Y/N breathed in the calm newleaf air. Being a ThunderClan warrior was the best, especially the fact that he no longer needed to clean out the elder's den.

"Y/N." He heard a voice- Berrynose.

"What is it?" He asked. He knew well that both of his friends- Honeyfern and Poppyfrost, had a crush on Berrynose.

"Who doesn't have a crush? Honeyfern or Poppyfrost?" Berrynose asked. Y/N flinched. What sort of question was that?

"None of them." Y/N replied.

Berrynose growled.

"Forget it. I'm not asking you." He growled, stomping off.

Y/N had to admit, he wanted Berrynose to go for Poppyfrost. Y/N had always felt... something unusual for Honeyfern.

Meanwhile, Honeyfern and Poppyfrost were chatting beside the fresh kill pile. 

"Honeyfern, what do you think of Berrynose?" Poppyfrost asked her sister.

"Well, um..." Honeyfern stammered, not sure. She had to admit, she liked both Berrynose and Y/N, and she felt stuck.

"Honeyfern! Poppyfrost!" Berrynose called, walking towards them, "What do you think of Y/N?"

"Oh, he's a good friend." Poppyfrost replied simply, eating her mouse.

Berrynose turned towards Honeyfern and tilted his head.

"Well, um, he's a brilliant friend... yeah..." She murmured. Y/N, meanwhile, who had come back to camp and was sitting near them, heard her.

Friend, huh? I don't know what I'm feeling, but maybe that's how it's meant to be.

The days flew by. One day, Y/N was eating F/P, once again thinking of Honeyfern for some reason.

"Y/N, would you go on a hunting patrol with Honeyfern and Berrynose?" Brambleclaw cut into Y/N's thoughts. He nodded, heading towards the small patrol.

Y/N tensed as Berrynose and Honeyfern happily chatted in front of him.

Why am I feeling like this..? There's no way I like Honeyfern... right?

As they neared a clearing, rustling and the scrabbling of claws could be heard from some bushes. Y/N dropped into a hunting crouch.

Honeyfern circled the other side, before dashing forward and jabbing her paws into the bush, flushing out the mouse. With a yowl, Y/N leaped onto the panicked mouse and killed it.

"You can have this." He said, giving it to Honeyfern. 

Huh. Why did I do that? Why did I want to give her the credit? Do I actually... like her?

Honeyfern was confused as well. She suddenly felt hot as Y/N neared her. She recently started to suspect she liked him, rather than Berrynose. She sighed, heading back towards camp with her patrol.

"Honeyfern." Berrynose called when they got back, "Tell me really, what do you think of Y/N?"

She hesitated, "Well, um, I... IthinkIhaveacrushonhim-" She quickly muttered. Berrynose sighed, and walked away towards Y/N, who was sitting in the warriors' den.

"Y/N, do you like Honeyfern?" He asked flatly. Y/N's P/C fur turned bright red. Berrynose sighed.

"Well, I'll assume you do, then." Berrynose said, walking away.

Do I? I should ask her.

"Honeyfern?" He asked, walking towards Honeyfern.

"Y-Y/N!" She replied, sitting up, hoping Berrynose didn't tell Y/N about her crush.

"I... I think I, um, l-like you." He stammered.

"Y/N... me too."