Company Of Light

Scarlett POV

When we arrived back at Alfea, Ms Faragonda took Hagen to her office and told Bloom to meet them up there in a few minutes.

As we were walking back to our dorm, Bloom pulled me away to talk to me privately.

"Hey Scarlett, do you mind coming with me to talk to Hagen?" Bloom asks me.

Out of all seven of us, Bloom and I were closest. We both bonded over the fact that we didn't know where we came from. When she found out, she made it her mission to find her parents and restore the planet of Domino. We both agreed to help each other find our own parents. I could tell she was nervous, otherwise she wouldn't have asked me to come.

"Of course, I'm here for you Bloom." I respond.

"Thanks." Bloom says then we walk inside our dorm.

It's later now and we make our way to Ms Faragonda's office. We both sit in chairs on the other side of her desk. Hagen is looking outside the window.

"Hagen, welcome to the Alfea College for Fairies." Ms Faragonda says.

"Fairies?" He chuckles.

"Is everything always so happy and festive around here, or is today special, hmm?" Hagen asks.

"It's the Day of the Gift, Hagen. Today, some of our students will graduate and leave Alfea. Their journey ends with this ceremony, but Bloom's journey is just beginning." Ms Faragonda says turning to Bloom.

"That's why I need to talk to you, Master Hagen. I know my parents, my birth parents, are lost or trapped somewhere in the Magic Dimension." Bloom says. Then she stands up leaning her hands on the desk. I stand up behind her.

"I have to save them. You're the only one who can help me."

"Don't expect too much from me, young lady. You'll only end up disappointed." Hagen says solemnly.

"Bloom and Scarlett studied the story of the sword. She knows." Ms Faragonda tells Hagen. Bloom opens the book and points to the picture of King Oritel of Domino.

"The sword of King Oritel, my father." Bloom states.

"Ah, the sword. Of course." Hagen tenderly touches the picture.

"A magical blade that no force in the universe can separate from its' rightful owner." Bloom says, looking Hagen in the eye.

"It is completely indestructible, and will last for all eternity. It is my finest work. That's what the book says." Hagen replied, staring back.

"Because you made it, I know you can sense the sword's presence wherever it is, and if I can find that sword, I'll find my father." Bloom says putting her hands over his large one that rested on the book.

"Oh, Bloom, I have made a thousand swords in my life, but for your father, I created the strongest one of them all. A thing of beauty, but strong enough to bring him and all of us true victory." Hagen says with a fierce look in his eye. He turns the book to the next page. It was a picture of the Company Of Light.

"We were the most powerful warrior wizards our world had ever seen." Hagen says before turning the page.

"United against the evil ancestral witches." The book showed an image of three witches who looked like the definition of evil.

"We fought them all until the final bitter end, but instead of ultimate triumph, we paid the ultimate, fatal price." Hagen banged his hands against the desk.

" I was fighting next to them that dreadful day. It was the three ancestral witches' final battle against King Oritel and Queen Marion along with their best friends Ryder and Ella, the fiercest warriors I have ever met. They have vanished along with the Witches into the great vortex of evil power, and there was nothing I could do." He walked over to the window and spoke sadly.

"Even the strongest sword ever created wasn't going to save them. And since that day, I've never stopped searching for them. Every single day of my life, I've tried to sense the power of that sword to find my best friends, your mother and father, Ryder and Ella and I have found nothing." Hagen spoke, turning back to Bloom.

"But the Magic Dimension is so huge! You have to keep looking!" Bloom tried to reason.

"Bloom... I know what you believe in your heart, but you have to face reality. I'm sorry, Bloom." Hagen said, putting his hands on her shoulders.

"No, no!" Bloom cried, shaking her head. She pulled out of Hagen's grasp and ran out of the office. I went to follow her, but Ms Faragonda held me back. Bloom just needed some time by herself.

"Oh... This is not easy for me." Hagen said, slamming the book shut, before looking to me.

"You're the girl who just appeared here right?" He asked and I nod in response.

"Yes Hagen, this is Scarlett. Her and Phoenix, a boy from Red Fountain appeared here around 17 years ago." Ms Faragonda spoke for me.

"Now if you will excuse me, I must prepare for the Graduation Ceremony." She added before walking out.

"I hope you don't mind me asking, but why did you help Bloom with the research on King Oritel's sword?" Hagen asked me.

"Well, when Bloom and I started here at Alfea, neither of us knew who our birth parents were or where we came from. We both promised to help each other find out the answers. Also, swords greatly interest me."

"I would never have thought that a fairy would be interested in swords. Have you ever sparred with someone?" He questions.

"Yeah, Phoenix, my boyfriend from Red Fountain trains with me sometimes. He taught me how to fight with a sword."

"Interesting. What type of sword do you like to use?"

"Slim, light-weight swords like a katana. They're easier for me to move and allow me to be more agile."

"Good choice. Those swords are perfect for you." He paused before continuing.

"You interest me greatly, Scarlett. If you need help with the search for your parents and homeland let me know, and I will be willing to help." Hagen offered.

"Thank you Hagen. I'll let you know when I find something. I'll see you around."

"Goodbye Scarlett."

"Bye." I say as I walk out of the room to go check on Bloom. The other girls are probably getting ready for the Graduation Ceremony.

3rd Person

The five other girls are sitting and standing near the stairs when Bloom comes running down the hall.

"Look!" Tecna says, as she sees Bloom running towards them.

"Hey!" Aisha says, noticing that Bloom is crying.

"Oh!" Musa says as she runs straight past them.

"Where's Scarlett?" Flora questions.

"Bloom! Tell us what happened!" Stella says, about to go running after Bloom.

"Stella, you are a great friend to Bloom, but right now, she needs time to be alone." Ms Faragonda says before clapping her hands together.

"So, come on, ladies. The ceremony is about to begin."