8. Now what?

+KIMBAL+

As expected from him, Kimbal denied her resignation and her hope to get away went south as quickly as she could spell out her own name.

For him that little game of hers had been pretty good and wicked, a little cute even, the first time but after almost a decade he'd rather find it tiring and very immature for a lovely lady that she'd become.

And he was done playing hide-and-seek too.

He knew there was something in this woman that made him felt alive even if they were just arguing into something they both tried to forget. In fact he felt a little pang of pain when he learned that he didn't even get her pregnant. All those years he was living with the memory he have with her.

And if he was just being honest to himself, Kimbal accepted the job partly because of her. When he was in the library of his father, he saw her picture on their company's magazine. At first, all of these were supposed to be for his amusement. But when he saw her face again in person, he wanted her more than that. Maybe he really likes this woman.

After that one night Kimbal never felt the same again towards women. He went out and had some fun every night but he was always ended up wanting the same girl all over again.

Now here she was. Within his grasp but still felt she was so far away from him. Kimbal created a new habit, which was pissing her off. He loved to see her lovely face in annoyance. It was too cute he wanted to kiss her. He was aware that he'd gone too far on his invented remarks but still he couldn't help himself "bullying" her.

Her reactions made his day more interesting.

The thought of her made him smile and gave him energy.

Kimbal shook his head and continued his work enthusiastically.

+ARABELA+

Each day, Arabella tried her best avoiding him. In the end, the old CEO persuaded her to stay. She let herself 10 meters away from him. Dodging his presence drained her. She felt exhausted almost every single day.

She even took the stairs just not to be with him in the elevator.

But there were days, where he seemed all over the place. And the moment they crossed paths they ended up arguing, him bullying her, and her being easily annoyed just by the sight of him.

People around them were kept in the dark and had no idea what the hell was going on between them. They never shared to anyone what they had against each other.

Weeks passed by in a whim.

They grew tired in pestering each other. One of them must surrender and gave in. They were both stubborn and hot blooded to do that. But Kimbal did.

And Arabela accepted his dinner invitation in return. They talked like an adult for once and both agreed to start all over again.

"Hi, I'm Kimbal Chua", He said offering his hand for a hand shake.

His eyes were twinkling.

Arabela took his hand.

"Arabela" she replied simply.

They both burst into laughter for being childish.

The old connection they already had way back was inevitable.

They found out that they still enjoyed each other's company.

Later on, the two of them started to work together late at night. They attended parties together. They became so close that Arabela begin to have doubts on her feelings about him, again!

She knew she was attracted to him and vice versa. And maybe she likes him so much she doesn't even want to end what they have. Whatever it was.

Arabela was the one who suggested the no-strings-attached set up. Kimbal and Arabela shared the sex-only-and-no-heart- involvement-kind-of-crap relationship.

+KIMBAL+

On the other hand, Kimbal felt the same way.

Arabela makes him happy and crazy at the same time. He was into her but doesn't acknowledge it yet.

Their relationship was too smooth that he was scared breaking the spell that binds them.

Every single day, he was looking forward to see her smiling face.

To hear her weirdest jokes and both of them laughed about it.

Every moment apart with her was very nostalgic. He dreamed of waking up every morning with her. He paused the moment he realized the terrain of his thought and where it was going.

"Oh, God He wanted her in his life." Kimbal said to himself with wide eyes.