One Little Slip

Two girls, both alike in dignity,
In high school, where we lay our scene,
From ancient resentment break to uprising, where gossip makes a reputation unclean.

From forth the fatal rivalry of these two foes. One falls down when her father loses all their doe. She is forced to face her unfortunate overthrow. Deal with her new ordeal, loss of money, friends, and popularity. The fearful passage of her love marked death ,and the continuance of his rage,
which she knows not of, brought her end. No one could see this coming.

It was the start of the day when we meet our characters. Now listen closely to this tale of the poor misfortunate Zoey Scarlette.

Mrs. Stanley, the homeroom teacher, started taking the attendance. She was wearing round glasses on her face. They always looked like they were about to fall off. Zoey's clique was spread out. Lola wasn't here today so I guess she was sick or something. Not a day goes by when Zoey and Lola argue. I don't get it. They are 'friends', but they hate each other.

"Claire Adams," Mrs. Stanley called out. Claire is Zoey's trusty friend. She's always there for Zoey, but there is a rumor going around that Claire is making out with Derrick, Zoey's boyfriend, when she's not around.

"I'm here" Claire responded as she raised her hand. Mrs. Stanley checked her off the list. Claire quickly got up and moved to sit next to Zoey. There you go now you're in for a treat you get to meet Zoey Scarlette to much of your misfortune. She was at her desk filing her nails like the class room was a nail salon. If it were any other student, Mrs. Stanley would have yelled at them.

I don't know if you've noticed yet, but Zoey is the talks amongst everyone at the school. She is the girl every other girl wants to be. All the guys want her.

"Did you get an invite for Lola's party?" Zoey asked Claire as soon as Claire sat down. She just quickly glanced at Claire and didn't even bother holding eye contact.

"No, not yet. Lola said they weren't ready, how about you?" Claire replied.

Zoey laughed before she started talking. Claire just looked at her with a puzzled face.

" Like I need to be invited to a party," Zoey said in an arrogant tone. Claire rolled her eyes. "Everyone knows it's not a party until I show up. That's just how it works Claire, but of course you wouldn't understand."

Zoey laughed again like what she was saying was funny. But Claire knew that wasn't the case, it just was Zoey's 'I'm insulting you' laugh. " I wouldn't expect you to anyway," Zoey finished saying.

Claire held it in. She knew if she defied Zoey all hell would break loose on her. "Do you even think Lola is going to invite you after what you did?"

" I didn't do anything wrong," Zoey said it in a tone like she was defending herself.

Claire was dumbfounded as to what Zoey said. She couldn't believe Zoey was not even acknowledging what she did. Claire paused for a moment. She would not normally do this but she pointed out the obvious to Zoey. "Zoey, you stole her boyfriend and kicked her off the cheerleading squad because you knew the other girls would vote her co-captain," Claire replied. Her heart beat was a little bit faster than usual. She just told Zoey she was wrong.

"I kicked her off the team because she friggin sucked Claire!" Zoey replied as she smiled devilishly, " but you know the story Claire so just shut up about it and leave it alone."

"Derrick Williams," Mrs. Stanley said.

Derrick was laying his head on the desk with on ear plug in. He quietly said "Here."

Mrs. Stanley didn't hear him and repeated his name "Derrick Williams."

Zoey and Claire turned around and started laughing. Zoey took a photo of him.