⚂Three

Warning: your hand got chopped tf off

I let out an ear-piercing scream as I stared at where my hand had once been. The nunchucks lay forgotten on the ground as I fell to my knees, my right hand trying desperately to stop the blood spouting out of my severed limb. I felt my left hand writhe in pain, but it wasn't even there. It felt like a tooth that just came out, where your brain still thinks it's there even though it isn't. I'd heard of phantom limb pain—where you don't have the limb anymore but you can still feel pain coming from it—but I could barely think straight let alone come up with reasons for what was happening.

The adrenaline coursing through me numbed the agony I was in, but the blood! I couldn't stop staring at the sheer amount of blood coming out. I tried desperately to pull myself out of the shock, realizing I needed to do something to stop all the blood from pouring out. When I finally was able to pull my right hand away from the incomplete limb, I tugged my shirt off and tried to use my teeth and hand to tie it as tightly as I could as a makeshift tourniquet around the spot just beyond my elbow. I did my best, but the blood barely slowed.

Then there were turtle hands cranking on the shirt, pulling it bone-snappingly tight around the limb. The purple stripes on the shoulder of the turtle registered in my mind but I still felt like I was swimming. He was shouting something based on his lip movement, but the ringing in my ears drowned him out. He examined my face and grimaced, yelling at Mikey, who darted out of the room. Leo stood behind him, staring slack-jawed with absolute terror down at his katanas. He seemed to be in shock; he needed to lay down and elevate his feet so he wouldn't pass out. There was another red turtle who showed up, and he was so big I had to crane my neck up to look at him. His eyes were pools of worry as he looked down at me, placing a gentle hand on my shoulder as he spoke softly. When I didn't respond, he looked over at Donnie. "Shock," was all I registered him say before I felt my eyes close.

— (signals perspective shift)

Raph was quick to scoop the girl up. "She passed out!"

"That's not good," Donnie mumbled. "Mikey, where's that pillow?" His shout was met with the youngest returning with his own orange pillow, and Raph set the girl down with her head on the soft cushion. Donnie kept mumbling to himself as Mikey sat beside Raph, both of who were staring at the girl with worry.

"Is she gonna be okay?" Mikey asked.

"No she's not going to be okay!" Leo yelled, causing his brothers to snap their gaze to him. He looked livid, and he was shaking from the sheer amount of guilt weighing down on him. "I portal-chopped her hand off! How could she could possibly be okay?!" But it was all a show. He couldn't process the grief and guilt and anxiety crushing him right now. So he spit it back into the world with fury, a false bravado to not deal with his emotions.

"Well, as the leader and the one responsible for this-" they missed Leo's flinch and averted gaze. "-you should probably be helping us," Donnie said. He pushed his goggles back onto his head and pointed to Raph. "Go get my stuff from the lab. If it's trauma-fixing, grab it." He pointed to Mikey. "Go grab a blanket and a towel- actually, a couple towels. Preferably red." He turned his pointed gaze to the leader. "Do you wish to help fix your mistake?" Leo flinched again and glared at his twin.

"Now is not the time for jabs, D."

"Give me your belt." Leo glared at his brother the entire time he was pulling it off. When he dropped it in Donnie's outstretched hand, he finally looked down at (Y/N). Her face was contorted in pain. He thought you weren't supposed to feel pain passed out, but clearly the universe wasn't about to stop dogpiling on him. Donnie took the belt and used it to tourniquet the limb, removing the shirt in the process and using it to collect the blood. It was already dripping as he set it down under her arm. Leo couldn't look at what he'd done, so instead he focused on the girl panting and sweating under him.