training pt 1

Y/N POV

We get in our jets and we get in the air. Pete greets the young aviators with, "Good morning, aviators. This is your captain and admiral speaking. Welcome to basic fighter maneuvers."

I continue, "As briefed, today's exercise is dog fighting. Guns only, no missiles. We do not go below the hard deck of 5,000 feet."

Pete finishes, "Working as a team, you have to shoot us down, or else."

Rooster asks, "Or else what, sir?"

Pete with a sassy yet serious tone replies, "Or else we shoot back. If we shoot either one of you down, you both lose."

Hangman says to now one, "This guy needs an ego check."

I snort and reply, "We'll see to that."

Payback asks in a competitive way, "What say we put some skin in the game?"

I ask, "What do you have in mind?" Whoever gets shot down first has to do 200 push-ups."

I tell them, "Guys. That's a lot of push-ups."

Rudy calmly replies through the coms, "They don't call it an exercise for nothing, ma'am,"

Pete says, "You got yourself a deal, gentlemen. Fight's on."

We hear through the COMS, "Let's turn and burn."

Pete and fly calmly and smoothly under their radar, and then fly at an incredible speed right through them. Before we hear, "Fanboy, you see them?"

Coyote asks Fanboy who answers, "Nothing on radar up ahead. They must be somewhere behind us."

We fly right through them they get all yelled flustered. "Damn it!" "What the hell?" "Shit!"

I tell Pete, "Easy, Maverick."

He replies back, "Hunter, let's try not to get fired on the first day."

We keep going back and forth getting kill after kill. Until Hangman comes around for Mav, "Not this time, old man."

I tell him, "Don't let him get to you, Maverick."

A little later, I chase around Phoenix, Bob, and Hangman. Hangman leaves Phoenix and Bob alone. I quickly shoot Phoenix and Bob. Leaving just Hangman. He starts to do a whole lot of things that I haven't done in ages. I whisper to myself, "This one is good."

After a few minutes of messing around, I get the kill.

3rd POV

After the push-ups Hangman asks Omega and Rooster and asks while they are in the air, "So, Rooster, mind if I ask you a personal question?"

Rooster replies, "Would it matter if I did?"

Hangman continues, "What're the stories with you and Mr. and Mrs. Mitchelle? It seems like Mav more specifically has got you rattled."

Omega stares at Hangman and sternly says, "Don't bother to add my parents into this. That's none of your business."

Rooster, "Now where the hell is he?"

Omega looks behind them and says. "I don't know?!"

Maverick says, "Been here the whole time."

Rooster, "Holy shit." Maverick flies inverted out the top of Rooster and Omega.

Maverick asks as he stares at Rooster, "You see me now? Come on, let's get it over with."

Rooster really irritated says, "Fight's on!"

And they go all crazy while in the air Hangman asks the million-dollar question and Rudy, and Trouble both look at their mom who stares intently at the COMS, "What is with these three?"

They all look away already knowing that if they tell them they don't what their parents or both Rooster and Omega to be made at them.

Mav asks Rooster and Omega "All right, you put us here. How are you gonna get yourself out?"

Omega retorts, "You can bail out anytime."

Maverick pushes, "How low you want to go, Rooster?"

Rooster, "We can go as low as you, sir! And that's saying something."

Mav, "What's past is past. For both of us."

Rooster scoffs, "You'd like to believe that, wouldn't you?"

I tell them, "Hard deck is 5,000 feet, fellas. You are running out of room."

[Automated voice] Altitude.

Mav asks, "Your strategy is about to run us into the ground. What's your move?"

[Automated voice] Altitude. Altitude.Altitude. Altitude. Altitude. Altitude. Altitude. Altitude.

People yell through the coms, "Pull up! Pull up! Pull up! Pull up! Pull up!"

Trouble, "Pull up! You got it. Don't think, just do."

Rudy adds, "Come on, Rooster, you got him! Drop down and take the shot!"

I yell at Rooster, 'Rooster be careful"

He yells back, "It's too low."

Maverick, "Too late. You had your chance. That's a kill. Knock it off."

Rooster and Omega yell taking their masks off, "Damn it!"

Hangman replies in Coms, "Same old Rooster."

Mav, tell the team "Go see Hunter and do your push-ups."

I tell Rooster and Omega as they do pushups, "All right, that's enough. Rooster. Omega. That's enough, guys."

They don't stop and I walk away.

3rd POV

[Grunts] [Grunts] [Grunts]

Phoenix walks over and crouches next to Rooster and Omega, very pissed, "Breaking the hard deck, insubordination. Are you trying to get kicked out?"

Omega slides it off, "Don't worry about it."

Phoenix, "Look, I'm going on this mission. But if you get kicked out, you leave us flying with Hangman. Talk to me. What the hell was that?"

Rooster admits, "They pulled our papers."

Phoenix, confused asks, "What? Who?"

Rooster replies, "Hunter and Maverick."

Omega finishes, "They pulled both of our applications to the naval academy. Set us back four years."

Phoenix asks again "Why would they do that?"