Dog fight Football/ Rudy and Hangman?

Cyclone POV

I walk over to find no one in the classroom and walk over to my superior's office to see her working on some paperwork.

Man, I really hate her and Maverick. I want to get rid of both of them, I was supposed to be the Top Gun instructor.

Hunter decided to stay in her job for over 30 years. So as I was trying to find the young pilots I go to the beach to find them playing, playing!?

They should be in the air doing their job and then HE walks over and sits down. I take this opportunity to talk to him to see if I can get rid of Maverick. Maverick looks at him and asks, "Sir."

To which in turn I ask, "What is this?"

Maverick replies, "This is dogfight football. Offense and defense at the same time."

U "Who's winning?" Maverick, "I think they stopped keeping score a while ago."

Cyclone turns to him and tells him sternly, "This detachment still has some training to complete, captain. Every available minute matters."

Maverick reluctantly replies to that statement, "Yes, sir."

Cyclone again asks, "So why are we out here playing games?"

Maverick tells him, "My wife said to create a team, sir. There's your team."

Later that evening

Hangman and Rudy lay in bed at the Mitchell household, Hangman asks, "Should I go? Before your parents and the rest of your siblings get back?"

Rudy replies, "They are out for dinner tonight."

Hangman smiles, "Oh, good. You and your siblings, seem... A lot more distant since your dads been back."

Rudy sighs, "Yeah. Yeah, we are."

Hangman asks genuinely concerned, "How do you manage?"

Rudy tells him, "Well, you know, Rooster and Omega always wanted more freedom than I thought they were ready for."

Hangman hums in response, "Hmm. Where'd they get that from, I wonder?"

Rudy, "I guess I realized I also had to trust them I mean I am the oldest of all four of us. Let them make some of their own mistakes sometimes. Not an easy choice."

"Mmm. Is that what happened with Rooster and Omega?" asks Hangman.

Rudy tells him, "Mom and Dad pulled their papers from the naval academy and it took years off their careers."

Hangman asks, "Why?"

Rudy shrugs, "I guess aunt Carol never wanted him to fly, not after what happened to Uncle Goose and Aunt Sunny. I guess they made them promise before both of their remaining birth parents died, so..."

Hangman, "Do Rooster, and Omega know that?"

Rudy looks up to the ceiling, "They will always resent them for what mom and dad did. Mom and dad were trying to be the parents they lost. I just... we wish could've done better. But the truth is... I didn't think they are ready."

Hangman asks, "Are they ready now?"

[Door closes downstairs]

"Sarah, I'm home!" the voice of Trouble echoes throughout the house, Rudy asks, "I thought you were at dinner"

Trouble replies, "Dad got sick. And I had to help mom with dad."

Hangman whispers to Rudy, "I should go."

Rudy sighs, "You should go."

Rudy yells out to Trouble, " Have mom and dad gotten home yet."

Trouble replies, "Not yet. You wanna go out and get a drink?"

Rudy replies, "No, it's okay. We can surely find something here. I'll be down in a sec!"

Hangman tries to go downstairs but is stopped by Rudy, "Wait! Not that way."

Hangman looks at her and asks, "What?"

Rudy tells Hangman, "Look, I have an example to set. I can't be bringing guys home on a first date."

Hangman looks at her again, "This is not our first date."

Rudy looks at him, and gives him a wolf glare, "You know what I mean."

Hangman, "Okay. Fine. But this is the last time I go out your window."

Rudy replies, "We'll see."

Hangman retorts, "No. No, I mean it. I'm never gonna leave you again."

Rudy tries to shoo him out of the window quickly, "Oh, shut up. Go on, get out of here."

Hangman jumps out of the window and grunts softly, tight in front of Trouble, and stumbles a bit to regain his bearings.

Trouble tells him as a threat, "Just don't break her heart or... you know"

Trouble leaves the warning to the mound of imagination.