Chapter 2: *2

"Addison, what do you want to talk to me about?" Zed asks, wanting to get away from her as soon as possible.

Addison asked if they could talk and Zed agreed to it. Then, she suggested they could talk somewhere else.

Addison looks around, making sure they were alone, "I want to apologize."

Zed stares at her for a moment before bursting out laughing, "You apologize? After you had told me that you were never going to apologize for cheating on me."

Addison kept a straight face, "I know. That's what I want to apologize to you about."

She took a deep breath, "I'm sorry for cheating on you."

Zed gapes at her with disbelief, "You're joking."

Addison shakes her head, "I'm not joking, Zed. I made a mistake and I shouldn't have cheated on you with Eliza."

"Is this your way of asking for forgiveness for why you cheated on me with my best friend?" The zombie inquires, not believing it.

Addison nods her head, "Yes." She whispers quietly.

"I don't think I can forgive you, Addison, or Eliza. Not now. Not ever." Zed stood up from the bench, attempting to walk away but Addison grabbed his wrist to keep him from leaving.

"Please, Zed," Addison begged.

Zed ripped his wrist away, "I'm done talking."

Zed momentarily ran. Ran as fast as he could to get away from Addison.

From the pain she caused him.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Watching Zed running away, Wyatt hurried and left the cafe, ultimately ditching his sister.

Willa would get him later but he didn't care.

Right now, he has to be there for Zed.

Wyatt followed Zed's scent, the sweet aroma of vanilla and honey that he couldn't get enough of, to the football field.

Wyatt could guess why Zed would go to the football field instead of their dorm.

A few months ago, Zed told him that football gives him freedom.

For him to be himself and to live his passion.

"Zed!" Wyatt shouts his name, searching the stands to find him.

He kept searching each set of stairs until he hears loud sobs.

Wyatt stops and turns in the direction of the crying. The sound coming from under the stairs, from where he didn't check.

He slowly saunters under the set of stairs, being careful not to scare Zed.

The closer he got to Zed, the louder the sobs got.

Once Wyatt got close, his heart broke at the scene.

Zed was sitting down with his knees to his chest, with his head buried in his arms, letting out crying sobs.

"Zed?" Wyatt is hesitant.

Zed raised his head, tears streaming down his pale cheeks, "Wyatt? What are you doing here?"

Wyatt took another step toward him, not to overstep boundaries, "I came to see if you were okay."

More tears streamed down Zed's face, "I'm not okay, Wyatt."

"Do you want to talk about it?" Wyatt sat down next to him.

Zed nods his head, "Addison came to apologize."