Chapter 38

Athena Cluster

To say I was scared was an understatement. I was terrified. Zac managed to blindfold me when he purposely spray something on the aircon that made me dizzy and eventually fell asleep.

Now, I was surrounded by darkness and I don't even know where we are. One thing's for sure is that I can feel that the place was moving indicating that we're still in the car.

"Why are you doing this?" I once asked him when I can't control the curiosity burning inside me.

"Because I love you and you are mine. Hindi kita hahayaang mapunta sa gagong yun" he whisper the last statement but I still able to hear and understand every word. I didn't answer.

Bless taught me how to understand and speak a little bit of Filipino but I was not confident enough to utter some word in front of others. I lean my head on the window pane as I think things through.

For a long time I've known Zac it never occured to me that he can do this. I've known Zac for being a good man and a kind hearted boyfriend. But never this.

My eyes starts to water, I tried to shake the thoughts away. I need to know Zac's reasons and maybe we can fix whatever that is.

"Hawak ko na siya. We're on the way to Batangas, the plane is waiting for us there" I heard him say.

"I know your awake. Why don't you make yourself relax and sleep for a while" he shifted.

I mentally snort. Relax? Who the hell would find comfort in my state. I want to scream and slap him across his face but that won't change anything now.

I turn to the other side, away from his presence, and close my eyes. Even if I didn't want to sleep I still don't have a choice.

I dreamed of a familiar set of bluish gray eyes. Those eyes. Those stunning eyes that bores onto mine. Those pair of orbs that I always dream of. They hold so many emotions. It overwhelms me.

Wait! I've seen those eyes recently. I know him. I finally know him. I can remember.

Kurt Nottinghamshire

"I can't believe this!" sigaw ni Elizabeth sa pinto ng office ko.

Gabriel rush to her side to console her and she shove him away. I crease my eyebrows, amused.

"Tantanan mo ako Gabriel. This isn't the perfect time to flirt with me! Hindi ako makapaniwalang si Zac ang kumidnap kay Yuri. I mean he's a good man!" Elizabeth throws herself on the couch.

"Well, I guess not every angel had their wings, some had their horns" makahulugan kong sagot sa kanya.

We all fall into silence as we waited for Rix and Alex's return. Inutusan ko silang i-track down si Zac na alam kong hangang ngayon ay kasama pa din si Yuri.

"Sir! We've found their exact location. Batangas" Rix breathlessly said as he rushed to the door.

I stand from my chair and arrange my suit. Blood was pounding loudly on my ear. Kanina ko pa to hinihintay.

"Let's move"

Athena Cluster

"Mr. Pearce" I shifted in my seat as I woke up.

I still don't know where we are because of I'm still blindfolded. I hear Zac's and some strangers voices.

Judging from their sound I'm pretty sure they're outside the car. It's the perfect chance!

I carefully move my hands from my lap to the cloth that's covering my eyes. My heart was hammering inside of my chest, afraid of what will happen if Zac caught me.

Then with so much torture, I peek. I saw Zac with other two other I've never seen in my life.

They looked like a goon or something with those leather jackets and slightly baggy jeans. They had that same eagle wings tattoo on their neck. Is it eagle?

"Shit! Dock!" I gasp when a bullet hit the side mirror of the car. Zac and the others dock away.

I then turn to look up ahead with the blindfold still covering half of my eyes. There I see him, the only person I wanted to see.

Kurt was wolding a gun- or something- wearing his suit on the helicopter. Helicopter!

There are also some people behind him. They too, had some sort of gun with no bullet?

Alex Severio

"Damn! Bakit hindi naisip ni Benj na gawing sharp shooter tong baril. Eh hindi to tumatagos sa kahit ano maliban sa katawan!" galit na sabi ni Rix.

"That's their only purpose after all" I resorted.

"Fuck! Shoot Gabriel! Para ka namang walang buhay niyan" Rix tease Gabriel instead.

"Don't underestimate me, Rix. Pwede kitang patayin ngayon dito" Gabriel smirked.

"Hoist us down, Shaun" biglang sigaw ni Sir Kurt.

Tumigil kami sa pagdadal-dalan at pinagbuti pa ang pagbaril. Hindi rin naman nagpatalo yung nasa baba at gumaganti rin ng putok.

I can see some reinforcements on their side as several vans stop and some people starts to shoot us. As we descends a particular van stops infront of us.

Third Person

Tahimik ang lahat. Walang ibang gumagalaw maliban kay Kurt na nakataas ang kamay, senyales para tumigil sa pagpapatok.

Ganun din ang kaharap niyang lalaki na may mala-demonyong ngiti sa mga labi. He was very pleased to see his long ex-friend again.

"Nice to see you again, Kurt" he arrogantly said.

Walang reaksyon si Kurt. He's just still and collected.

"Never thought I'll see you again" Kurt's voice laced with cold and composed tone.

"Oo nga eh. To say na sa gantung sitwasyon pa. Oh well, I guess there's always first time for everything" sagot sa kanya ng kaharap.

"First time, huh? Tony Alvarez, Anthony Pearce rather" several gasps can be heard on Kurt's side.

Hindi nila lubos akalain na ang Tony Alvarez na dating best friend ng pinuno ng Leo ay ang taong pilit sumisira sa grupong itinatag nila. Gabriel can't believe anything that's happening before him.

"Fuck" bulong niya.

Lumingon siya sa paligid at hinanap ang dahilan kung bakit nandito sila. The King's Queen. Yuri Cabresa.

"I don't have time for chitchat. Let's get down to business. I believe you had what's mine" matigas na sabi ni Kurt.

"Kurt!" all heads turn to where the shout came from.

Napamura si Zac nang makitang lumabas si Athena suot sa leeg yung blindfold at tumakbo sa kung saan si Kurt. Kurt's eyes soften when his gaze falls to the woman he loves.

The fury, the anxiety and the fear he felt vanished seeing his woman in a better shape. Pero agad din itong bumalik nang mahawakan ng tauhan ni Anthony ang mga braso ni Athena.

"Oh, you were talking about her? Akala ko kasi siya" Anthony Pearce said with amusement.

As the last words escape his mouth a woman emerge from the van. High heels and shimmering jewelry matches her black hugging elegant dress.

Mas lalo namang nagulat ang lahat. Shaun clenched his fist as rage take over his body. There standing before them is the person they once trusted. Standing before them is Janella Ramirez.

***************************************