Disarray

"To think that they would send 'shinigami' to capture him. It's too early for things to turn serious. He will not be able to survive!" Duciana whispered back with an alarmed expression on her face which gave off an ominous scent. Standing near Jacob's bed, Lyn hadn't left him. Leaving him here isn't safe...he thought to himself and looked at the kid. Little did Lyn's expression change even after hearing the jeopardy Jacob's life was in as Duciana voiced her worries. "I will take him with me," Lyn interrupted. she arched her eyebrows. "When did you take a liking to him?"

"I do not like him. It is for the best, after all, he would be safe nowhere. It's best to keep him with me after all I am the strongest." he pointed out.

She sighs. "Yes, you are right. I am too busy to protect him." Suddenly Duciana's eyes glinted as if she had come up with a genuine yet ingenious plan of hers. "And while you are at him...You will train him! He will prove to be a big asset to our country!"

Lyn let out a groan "No way-"

"It's an order, Lyn." And she walked off the infirmary.

Lyn let out a huge groan and flopped on the chair beside Jacob's bed.

JACOB'S POV

My eyes fluttered open. I looked up at the ceiling, I was at the infirmary...Thomas was shape-shifting. I had to inform the others.

I quickly sat up when a gentle yet firm hand clasped on my shoulder made me to a stop. I looked behind and saw Lyn settled on a chair looking bored. He tried smiling at me.

My elated feeling of imagining Tasha or a kind nurse evaporated replaced by a sour disappointed expression. "Oh, it's you."

His smile changed into a sour expression and he glared at me. "Look, kid-"

"I have got a name. It's Jacob." I intercepted.

He squinted at him. "You sound way too cross. Were you expecting something else huh?"

I shot myself a scornful frown, "It's just that I wasn't expecting you."

He stood up "Well, let's make this clear. I don't wanna be here with you either. But it's just that I will have to for a matter of time till you are mature enough to live yourself."

I looked up at him and stood up trying to seize him up. "Why is this happening all of a sudden? What if I run away?"

He looked up with a complacent smile. "Okay kid, I have a deal. I will give you 2 hours to run and hide wherever you want but If I can find you within 1 hour, then for the next 6 months you have to obey me without any complaints."

I smirked at him, "Quite full of yourself. I accept the challenge and if I win you will leave me alone for the next 6 months."

He stood up abruptly and smiled widely, "I think I will just leave you alone!"

I looked up astonished, "Are you for real?"

He nodded and suddenly dematerialized, I rubbed my eyes and looked again, but he wasn't there. I groaned and stood up.

I stepped out of the infirmary and took off for the campus. I stopped before the campus, it was eerily quiet. Suddenly, a long sizzling sound filled the air and big rocks with fire imbued with them crashed all over. A huge chunk of rock fell right beside me with a crunching sound deafening me and leaving me overwhelmed. My feet couldn't move, a small rock rocketed and hit me back. I fell with a thump and looked around. The whole city was in tatters, flames raged all over as rocks crashed. My whole body felt numb from pain and spots started to appear before me. I tried crawling but found my leg crushed beneath a rock. Shouts rang in the devastating atmosphere with cries all over. I looked up as a huge rock was rocketing towards... No, no, no. The rock plummeted down and crushed the campus with a huge blast. I screamed. I don't know for how long I screamed. With the soot covering me and the temperature so high, I drifted to unconsciousness.