The Aftermath

The damage was grave, and the capital was in shambles. Bodies sprawled were carried away in the medical camps, set up in some of the heathlands and at the hospitals, which had miraculously not faced any significant damage. The Wizdom High School (the name of the school Jacob goes to) had been blown to rubble by the invaders of Angaraland. The menace of the attack was a level above than ever before. I massage my forehead, hah, as if rubbing your forehead could fix everything up. I sighed and stood up.

I knock at her door. "Enter," comes the voice of Duciana.

I flung the door open and walk in. She seemed stressed but I ignored the fact. Considering what her post was, this was expected but the fact that she couldn't see this coming WAS an issue.

"Aah Lyn, come sit."

I keep standing "What happened?"

she rubs her eyes "I- I don't know"

I arch my eyebrows, "You are not in a position to say this. Speak up."

She sighs, "See, my life force is imbued all around the country and any disruption in the barrier would have been felt by me immediately but it didn't. You are smart enough to know what I am getting at Lyn."

I nod sagely. "You are saying they didn't come from outside."

"Exactly! They were already inside."

I look out the window, "Two infiltrations in the same week, and one destroyed the city with the school. What are you gonna say to the media?"

"Well, the students are safe, also I have decided to launch an investigation on this matter as soon as things settle down here."

I nod slightly, "Investigation is going to be a big pain in the ass. ahhhh and now that the existence of the shinigami is confirmed, this task has become increasingly onerous."

Duciana smiles stiffly and walks off. "Well, I better get going...I oughta make an appearance. This place needs stability."

After some time, I step outside the room and walk to the library. For Angaraland to achieve such a feat. In a war, it's the intelligence that decides the outcome, coming up with shapeshifters may seem impracticable but that has been somewhat of a hobby for him. I chuckle slightly and stare at the book 'myths and Secrets of the paranormal world above'. I sighed, I had some work to do...

Tasha POV

Everything seemed fuzzy. What the hell was happening here? Why had we suddenly had an emergency evacuation drill? When was the drill going to get over? Also, why was this place filled with sleeping bags and stashes of food? Everyone is filled with an uncanny feeling of dread. For some reason, this appeared to be more than just a drill. Professor Mclaggen suddenly enters with a grim face. No. He is grim all the time. This was an extra grim face.

"Students, I am here to make an announcement."

the whole room quietens down with everyone staring at him.

He continues, "Yesterday, our capital, was under siege by the enemy forces and the Wizdom High School met its doom. However, your courses will resume in the next two months. You all will be escorted back to the city shortly. Everyone suddenly went into an uproar. "What happened to the so-called 'top notch' defense system our country had?" one of them shouted. "Does that mean we are not safe?"

The atmosphere suddenly started tingling and everyone piped down. "A team for an expedition is being formed as we speak, also any student who wishes to participate in this expedition must prepare for the entrance exam that will be commenced within 3 months, and I will warn you that this is not going to be a child's play, death will be looming over you, so think wisely."

A wall rumbled and a hallway was visible. "You all might as well exit from this safe house and return to the land. You will find Professor Lyn there who is going to instruct you to help with the clearance and the rescue program.

we all were hushed inside the hallway. We walked for a long time and upon finally reaching the top. It took us a moment to take in the scene. It was as if a natural calamity had wiped the city off the map. there was so mucht to take in. I felt as if my eyes decieved me. I gulped and looked around for someone to explain what was going on but noone was visible. Professor Lyn wasnt there.