14

Jeongguk was in the kitchen, stirring the boiling rice as he chopped vegetables into fine pieces. He had already cut the chicken into small bite pieces and stir-fried them. He decided to make mashed rice and vegetables and chicken with less spice for taehyung for dinner.

He knew the little one hasn't eaten anything since the incident that happened at the noon. He just wanna be there for him. Show him that he regrets doing it. Show him that he didn't mean to do anything that he unfortunately did. He was dying internally, feeling really for the younger. He wasn't really good at expressing his feelings but he wasn't going to take that lame excuse.

He was distracted when Rose entered the kitchen. His attention averted towards her. "Ro-" He suddenly heard the rumbling of the utensils on the platform. Jeongguk can clearly say that it was on purpose but it was also an indication that she clearly didn't want to talk.

"Ro, I'm sorry!"

Rose just left there, Making Jeongguk sigh. The behavior is totally understandable.

-

Jeongguk waited for everyone to join him for dinner. But to his dismay, no one showed up, and neither did Namjoon.

So, he just served a bowl for taehyung and walked to his room. He contemplated a lot before knocking on the door. He let out a deep breath before twisting the knob open to walk inside the room.

He saw taehyung was busy, watching a cartoon on the TV, swaddled in the bed. He had a small smile plastered on until he saw Jeongguk entering the room. His smile immediately fell and that broke Jeongguk's heart. The boy started squirming in his sheets and his lips started wobbling.

"I-I brought you food, You must be hungry, yeah?" Jeongguk said in the sweetest voice possible, with a smile. But his heart was clenching looking at taehyung. The little one looked really scared. He could see tears pooling up in his eyes.

"Tae, please don't cry. I won't harm you!" Jeongguk tried to reassure him as he took a step forward to comfort him but he stopped when he saw taehyung trying to back away from him.

"N-noona" He heard him call for Rose. But that came out more like a whisper. He started crying, tears cascading down his cheeks.

"Tae, see I brought you your favorite chicken. Wouldn't you love to have them?" Jeongguk showed the bowl, trying to cheer him up, but taehyung was just not taking it.

Jeongguk gave his shot to pursue the younger but taehyung denied him completely being scared of him. It was clearly visible in his eyes. He was trying to cover himself in the blanket, asking the elder to go away. Tears were continuously pouring down.

Until Jeongguk turned back when he heard the door open. "Jeongguk, you need to be out of here," Rose said, as soon as she saw him in the room with Taehyung. "B-but, I brought him food" Jeongguk showed the bowl, indicating he was here to feed the little one.

"Go out, Gguk" Rose, snatched the bowl from his hands before she tried to push him out of the room. "I want to try to explain myself, Ro" Jeongguk begged, face frowning in sadness.

"He's scared, Gguk. Leave him alone for a while" Rose tried to shut the door but Jeongguk tried to refrain. "He needs me, Ro" Jeongguk protested.

"He does but not right now, Gguk. let him be for a while, He's scared" Rose deadpanned. "Please," Jeongguk's voice was softer now. He just wanted to be there. Beside taehyung.

He just sighed and ducked his head down in dismay in front of the door.

Soon after, it started pouring really heavily. Jeongguk just stayed in his room with Ji-ah. He didn't have anything. He just lost his appetite. He was just lying down on his bed with a duvet on staring at the window as the rain poured against it, cascading down later. Moonlight glowed on his face but his mind was busy and full of thoughts.