20

Jeongguk was jostling the bottle of milk with protein powder in the kitchen. He already has woken up late and he immediately rushed to the kitchen for the little one who would immediately make a fuss if he was hungry. 

He didn't see Rose anywhere around since he woke up. He wondered where she was. Both have them have been a little distant ever since. They still haven't made up for each other. They just keep having a couple of civil talks now and then if it involved anything about the people in the house, unlike their usual selves. Jeongguk misses her though. He genuinely does. He might look indifferent to all of them but deep down he has a very fragile heart for people he cares and Rose has already been added to the list a very long time ago after they met. He wouldn't admit that. 

He wanted to have their old selves back. He misses her ranting and messing around with him. He missed how they'd bicker about lame things. He always loved her pep talks that she'd just initiate out of nowhere. She was like an energy pill to him, making everything cheerful and bright. If there was something he was happy about after coming to this house after taehyung, he'd straight say Rose without a thought. She was one of the most generous people he ever made as a friend. He was really happy about that. He wished to make things better sooner.

 He didn't realize he was spacing out until he heard something rumble. He immediately snapped out of his daze and looked around. 

He saw a figure standing there who was standing by the counter, back facing him, trying to rummage something out of the cupboards above. Looking at him, one would easily say it was taehyung. 

Jeongguk walked to him "Tae, are you searching for chocolates again? Haven't I refused you to eat them every day,mmh?" Jeongguk's tone was low and stern but calm. He waited for the younger to respond to him but he raised his eyebrows when he looked at a completely different aura that the other carried around.  

The younger looked at him unamused when he turned to him. He folded his hands to his chest, looking really unbothered. He didn't have the child-like glee that he usually has in his eyes.  "I don't care, I need food. I'm hungry" Taehyung said, almost whining.

Jeongguk being shocked was an understatement. What in the world did he just see? His eyes dilated. His heart was erratic at the voice he had just heard. - A husky voice is deep and sounds hoarse often in an attractive way. Low - Quiet and difficult to hear / in a deep voice.  Modulated - Controlled and pleasant to listen to. That's what Jeongguk felt when he heard him for the first time. Unlike the high-pitched squeaky voice, he has. 

'what the fuck!? He is out of headspace!' He internally pulled his hair. How was he supposed to act now? Like a babysitter as he should or be civil? He honestly didn't want to have a peculiar impression. So, he decided to act like the babysitter he is. 

" I made you food already," Jeongguk said, pointing out at the dishes served on a plate on the table with the sippy bottle in his hands. Taehyung looked at the sippy bottle in the elder's hands and turned his gaze away from it. He just walked to the table of food and settled down there. 

Jeongguk cocked his head a little in confusion when he suddenly saw a slight hue that crept on the younger's face. "Did he just shy away from his own bottle?" Jeongguk muttered to himself as he wondered, looking at the sippy bottle in his grasp. He just shrugged at the thought and decided to take the bottle with him to the table. 

He placed the bottle on the table. Taehyung stopped his movements and looked at Jeongguk with a 'what the hell is that' face. 

"Your bottle of milk. I didn't know if you'd still prefer the bottle or a glass" Jeongguk said, eyeing the mess the younger seemed to already make while eating. Messy eater he is.