1. Routine Day at the Apartment

"What are you both up to? Why are you so quiet?" Namjoon's eyes fell on Taehyung and Jimin as they sat eating chips in the lounge.

Namjoon suddenly became wary of the lull that hovered over the apartment, their suspicious conduct being conspicuous again. 

Yoongi, Hoseok and him by now knew that silence at the apartment meant two things, the first rule of the apartment is currently enforced or the maknaes are up to something crazy that's not in the common interest of the apartment and hence needs to be stopped immediately.

"I was thinking.." said Jimin.

"..And so was I, that if I stand on Jimin's shoulders then I will be.." Taehyung spoke the other half of the sentence.

"No!" Namjoon cut him off with a sharp tone.

"First hear us, hyung!" Jimin protested.

"No."

"But.." Taehyung interjected.

"No."

"But, why? Jimin wanted to know the reason.

"You want Yoongi hyung to tell you exactly why?" Namjoon offered.

"No." Both spoke at once to politely reject the offer.

"That's it. Both of you move to your room." Namjoon ordered.

"We're hungry." Taehyung pouted.

"Make something for yourself, no wait, you're not allowed in the kitchen until there's Yoongi hyung or Hobi to watch over you both." Namjoon's mind recollected some hurtful past memories.

"That's absurd." Jimin stated.

"Yes! Yoongi hyung has made absurd rules for this apartment." Taehyung joined in.

"The rules were made, only after you both arrived and made life difficult for the three of us." Namjoon reminded Taehyung.

"Look who's talking!" Jimin said.

"Everyone knows the second rule of the apartment.." Taehyung said.

"Which is.." Jimin continued.

"Namjoon hyung is not to be allowed in the kitchen at any cost." Taehyung completed.

"He is not even allowed to pick up anything." Jimin spoke amidst a mouth full of chips.

"All he does is take out the trash." Taehyung chuckled.

"That's why one of these days am gonna throw you both out." Namjoon picked up his bike keys from the side table.

"Now am going to library, you both don't set the apartment on fire till Hobi or Yoongi hyung returns." 
He advised before heading out.

"Does it mean that.." Jimin suddenly looked happy.

"No." Namjoon sighed and said in all seriousness.

"But.." Taehyung protested, since his eyes had also lit up at the possibility.

"No, sorry to disappoint you both but, it doesn't either mean that after their arrival you can. I swear to god, if one of you..."

"What's going on?" He was interrupted by a doe-eyed boy, who walked into the lounge at this point, rubbing his eyes.

"Nothing, am going to library, you want some snacks? I can bring for you on my way back." Namjoon offered, he had even smiled and his dimples showed themselves on his cheeks.

Jimin and Taehyung looked from Junggook to Namjoon and back to Junggook, their heads moved in sync.

"Yes! I want banana milk." He seemed to lit up.

"How much do you drink, you pig!" Jimin said to him.

"Shut up Jimin, how many times have I told you not to call him that. Is that all you want?" He asked Junggook again.

"And Hot Cheetos and chocolate cookies." He told him.

"Okay. I'll get them for you." Namjoon reached out for the door handle.

"Hyung, I want.."

"Get it yourself!"

Taehyung fake cried on Jimin's shoulder until Namjoon hasn't let himself out of the door.

As soon as he locked the door Jimin jumped onto Junggook, both fell on the floor. "How come we never get that offer! How do you bribe him?"

Junggook punched Jimin's shoulder, "it's not my fault that I am the youngest here!"

Jimin's fist landed on his shoulder in return. All this while Taehyung cheered them on from the couch as he ate the rest of the chips from the packet.

The chips packet belonged to Junggook. They had raided his snack's compartment again.

It was Junggook's first week at the apartment since his  arrival from Korea and Jimin and him were already sworn enemies.