19. Bangtans to the Rescue

"The room was so tiny." Junggook said as Hoseok sat putting a bandage on his hand.

"And too cold." Taehyung said as he put one around his toe.

"How come they're even safe there?" Namjoon thought aloud.

"They are not." Yoongi stated as he put the antiseptic liquid on the various cuts on the back of his hand.

"Minnie was crying non-stop!" Jimin recalled and everyone did so too then nodded their heads.

"She had no heating system too." Junggook stated and Yoongi sighed.

"Why are they even living there? Noona should have shifted elsewhere." Namjoon said.

"The area is infested with goons." Yoongi stated.

"Bad people." Taehyung said.

"What if.. what if someone hurts them?" Hoseok sounded scared.

"There was no carpet." Junggook stated and Yoongi rolled his eyes at him.

"I noticed the roof was leaking. Did anyone else notice that too?" Jimin asked and Namjoon nodded in response.

"It would soon start to snow, how will Noona manage with Minnie?" Hoseok was worried, too worried for them.

"What if someone kidnaps Minnie?" Namjoon stated and everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at him in horror.

Seokjin listened to all these statements as he sat at the far end of the couch. But, he suddenly stood with a jerk as soon as Namjoon uttered the last statement.

"Come on!" He picked up his car keys and announced to them.

"What?" Yoongi asked.

"We have to go get them!" Seokjin moved towards the door.

All the boys were up on their feet in an instant. They forgot all about their scratched hands, aching legs, sour knuckles and the fact that they were really hungry.

"I'll follow in an instant." Yoongi for some reason moved towards the kitchen. He opened one cabinet and took out what he had kept over there.

Seokjin started the seven seater as soon as Yoongi joined them five minutes later. He had a small bag in his hand.

Namjoon gave Seokjin directions to the place as he sat besides him in the passenger seat.

As the Bangtan's were on their way, meanwhile Mi Sun looked at both the sides of the street and gulped.

She immediately looked up straight ahead and held her chin up. She couldn't afford to look afraid at this point.

She flung Ji Min's bag on her one arm and then held the trolley bag's handle in the same. The other arm held Ji Min, as her carrier had just snapped while she was trying to put her into it. Her few books and laptop were kept in her back-pack.

As she got ready to stroll her bag towards the bus stop, she noticed that two men had started following her.
She increased her pace and just then it started drizzling.

She became worried that Ji Min would get soaked and fall ill. She cursed herself for not keeping her blanket handy in order to protect her in case of any such event. She had in fact packed her blanket in the trolley bag.

She increased her pace some more and took really long and fast steps. She was just worried about Ji Min at this point and her own badly aching arms and feet did not concern her at all at this moment.

A few things happened rather quickly. Somewhere behind her, a car came to a halt and the screeching sound of its tires caused Ji Min to burst into tears.

Mi Sun heard the men following her run. She got scared as she thought they would reach her in no time and would harm them both.

Several footsteps sounded behind her and just then Mi Sun lost her balance. She let everything go, the trolley bag and the bag that hung from her arm fell down to the ground.

She just held Ji Min tightly and clenched her against her chest as she braced herself for the fall. She placed one of her hand around Ji Min's head and was ready to receive all the impact of the fall on herself.

She squeezed her eyes shut but somehow she didn't hit the ground, instead she felt her back being supported against someone's body.

An arm had gone around the right side of Mi Sun and the person held them both just in the nick of time.

She opened her eyes slowly, the first thing she checked upon was Ji Min, who was wailing at her highest pitch.

Her eyes then went down at the arm around her waist that still held her firmly. She then looked up and found an umbrella covering their heads.

A pair of arms took Ji Min from her and her eyes fell on Hoseok. He silently took Ji Min from her and ran to the car. He had covered a wailing Ji Min under his jacket as the rain fell properly now.

She steadied herself on her feet and the arm was withdrawn from her waist. She turned and looked up to meet Seokjin's eyes.

Her attention was taken away by the sight of Taehyung and Jimin carrying her trolley bag, while Junggook picked up the other bag from the ground and tugged at the bag on her back to convey to her to hand it over to him.

She let go of the bag and he too ran towards the car which was parked at some distance from them. She caught sight of Namjoon and Yoongi near the car too.

She then looked up at Seokjin again for an instant then looked down at the ground. He still held the umbrella over her head. It had started to rain a bit heavily and he himself was getting soaked in it.

"I'm really sorry for what I said, please come back with us." Seokjin finally spoke, his voice held genuine guilt.

Mi Sun looked up at him again and shook her head.

"I'm sorry, but I can't leave you both alone here!" Saying this he didn't wait for her response, he held her hand and walked her to the car with himself.

He got soaked in rain but he made sure that she kept dry.

Yoongi opened the back door for her and she climbed in. She noticed Ji Min laying in Hoseok's lap drinking from a milk bottle which was not hers.

She touched the bottle and it was warm. 'So, they even brought a warm milk bottle for her.' She looked around as Seokjin started the car.

All the boys smiled at her one after the other and a lump formed in Mi Sun's throat which she quickly gulped down.

Yoongi reached out and patted her hand while he smiled at her. "I thought Minnie would be hungry." He simply said.

The boys strangely remained silent the whole ride back to the apartment, even Seokjin did not attempt to crack any of his jokes.

By the time he dropped them off to the apartment building, the maknaes, Hoseok and Ji Min were sound asleep.

Seokjin didn't accompany them all to the apartment. He had just gotten out of the car to peck a sound sleeping Ji Min's cheek.

 He had just gotten out of the car to peck a sound sleeping Ji Min's cheek