Chapter 8

Ahh a lot has happened in the last few months. Firstly Mike and Lynne got a divorce. After that day when Mike found her cheating, he wanted a divorce and Lynne obviously agreed. 

Secondly Lynne and her boyfriend Todd (who she was cheating on Mike with) moved to New Zealand. She cut all ties with her family and would never call her own son. 

This all took a huge toll Ricky. I mean his parents getting divorced and then his mom moving over 7000 miles away. He didn't talk to many people when he found out. He spoke to his dad and Nini's moms but he mostly spoke to Nini. 

Nini was his rock during all of this. She got him to get dressed and eat. She reminded him to drink water and sleep at proper times. 

She was his should to cry on when he was side. She was the on who got smiles out of him and made him happy. She was the reason he was still living. She had become his lifeline more than she was before. 

He started speaking to EJ and Gina more after around the first month. By the third month he was back to his normal self. Both him and his dad were thriving without the person that had left them. 

Nini was helping Ricky with his homework cause he didn't understand the work that was gradually getting more difficult as they were going into middle school soon. 

It has now been five months since Lynne left and our gang is going to a party they were invited to one of their classmates Jason's party.

Well more like Jason invited Nini and said that she could invite whoever she wanted. She of course choose her three best friends.

Alyssa knocks on the door with the two eleven year olds beside her. Jason's mom opens the door. "Hello there. Thank you for coming. You two can go to the back yard. All the other kids are already there." she says to Ricky and Nini, who ran off in the direction she pointed.

When they get to the back heard they see Jason as they walk up. He looks up and smile to them. His smile was so wide.

They both go over to him. "Hi Nini." he says. His whole face was lit up. "Hi Jason. I brought Ricky, isn't that amazing." Nini says. That makes th boy realize who was beside Nini and his smile dropped a little. He quickly picked it up and greeted the boy "oh hi Ricky." he said with not so much enthusiasm. 

"Hi." the curly head said. For the rest of the party Ricky and Nini were always together. Like they always were. Ricky felt someone staring at them when they were lying down on the grass with her head on his stomach and they were giggling while pointing up at the sky. 

Of course when Ricky turned his head he caught Jason staring at them. Soon it was time for truth or dare. They had played a few rounds until it was EJ's turn to ask someone. "Nini truth or dare." he asks.

"Dare" she replies. 

EJ and Gina share a look. "I dare you to kiss  Ricky." he says. Everyone looks at the two. "Like on the cheek?" Nini asks. "Cause that isn't much of a dare we do it anyway." she adds. " Nope. On the lips." he says. Their faces turn red. 

"They can't . They don't like each other. They can't." Jason freaks out. "I will do it id Ricky is okay with it."Nini says "I am cool with it." he says.

"You sure luvie ?" she asks quietly. "Yeah I am sure bubby."he says in the same tone." OK we will do it. "Nini says and the room was silenced.

"But Nini, you can't. I mean it will be your first kiss." Jason says. Nini looks at him confused and everyone else along with her. EJ and Gina just look annoyed.

"All the more reason to do it with my best friend and the person who is always there." she says with a smile. She turns to Ricky "you ready?" she ask quietly an he nods.

They both lean in and kiss each other. It was a short kiss about 13 seconds but it was memorable.

When then pull away they are both bright red and they smile at one another with a goofy smile.

The anger in Jason finally comes out as he smashes the can. Gina whispers in EJ's ear "I will be showing that on their wedding day." he chuckles "We need to show Nate and Dan." he says. "Hell yeah we do."

Hello

I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

So here is the plan. I am hoping to be done this book this week. It is a shorter book than Hopeless Romantics is going to be but there is an explanation.

So Hopeless Romantics the chapters pick up from one another where as this book it is of different events in time.

Anyway I hope you are enjoying the story. Comment what your favorite book of mine is.

Thanks for reading, commenting and voting it really does mean a lot to me.

Remember to take care of yourself. You are all incredible and truly amazing. Eat enough and drink lots of water, also sleep enough.

I love you all