Chapter 17

"So where we go today?" Daniel asked for the second time since we've been in the car.

"We're on our way to get Nanna. I told you that already!" I was totally annoyed.

"Why her comin' 'ere?"Daniel continued to ask questions. I eyed him through the rear view mirror. He was staring out of the window.

"Because son, Mommy needs help." I rolled my eyes and looked back at the road, as I switched lanes to take the next exit.

"Help with what? Daddy can't help you?"

"Daniel, your father and I are not together and you know that. Do not ask me again." I was beyond annoyed. I got off at my exit, which was for the airport. I got in the lane that would bring me straight to baggage claim.

"I sworry. I fo'got. Why y'all not together?" Daniel now began kicking his legs out of habit.

"We don't love each other no more,but we both still love you okay?" I wanted to make sure Daniel knew that we loved him.

"Okay!" Was all Daniel said. He still kept kicking his feet.

"Daniel what did I tell you about kicking the seats?" I'd finally had enough.

"I'm sworry." He apologized.

"Don't do it again son." I warned him. I pressed the talk button my my steering wheel. Causing a dinging noise to be made through the speakers. "Call mom!" I commanded.

"Hello!" My mother's voice came pouring through the speakers after a few rings.

"Hey Ma! Where yah at?"I asked as I spotted the baggage claim area.

"I'm standing inside the airport. In front of the Delta sign." She specified.

"Hey Nanna!" Daniel cheered.

"Hey boy!" My mother greeted him. Daniel didn't respond.

"I don't see you." I told her as I looked through the windows.

"I'm right here. I see you. I'm at the next window."

"Oh I see you!" I hung up the phone. I pulled up to the curb and parked the car. Before I could turn the car off, Daniel hopped out.

"Nanna!" He yelled as he ran towards her. She was strolling out of the automatic glass doors in her blue jean skinny True Religion jeans,black leather jacket,and royal blue v-neck shirt. It was so cute on her because of her coke bottle shape!

"Daniel!!!!" My mother stopped in her tracks to embrace him.

"Daniel do not get out of a moving car again!" I chastised him as I jumped out of the car and stormed to the sidewalk where Daniel and my mother were standing.

"I sworry Ma! I in trouble?" This boy always wanted to know if he was in trouble.

"Nah..........Just don't let that happened again." I warned him. "Hey Ma!" I greeted her.

"Hey Baby Girl!" She hugged me. "Oh baby girl you are getting so big! I can't wait for her to get here!" She placed on of her hands on my belly.

"Me too. She moves too much for me. I can hardly sleep." I complained.

"That's just how you did me. Come on, let me put this in the car. Didn't you say we had an appointment with your realtor?" She questioned.

"Yea. We on our way when we leave here!" I unlocked the trunk and opened it. My mom lifted her bag and put it in.

"I brought two suitcases, but I figured I could get some clothes while I was here." She shrugged as I closed the trunk.

"Yea. I guess we can go shopping, I still need more baby clothes. I need to decorate her room and Daniel's room when we move." I walked to the other side of the car. My mother put Daniel in before she got in herself.