Chapter 16

"Karlee get up!" Ciara came into the room, waking me up from my sleep.

"What?" I asked looking at the clock, realizing it was already noon.

"You will not stay in this bed today. We are going out. So get the fuck up! Your ass didn't even come to Thanksgiving. Like who does that!" She shook her head, and flopped down on the bed.

I'd been staying with Ciara for the past two weeks. After she picked me up from the restaurant, we picked up Daniel, went to the house to pack some shit, and left. To make things worse my relationship was all over the Internet. TMZ even had a clip of Tyra telling us in the restaurant.

"Where is Daniel?" I got out of bed and headed to the bathroom.

"Future came to get him. You did say he could." She followed right behind me. "I really don't have a problem with taking care of Daniel. He's my godchild for Christ's sake, but he needs his mother." She emphasized the 'needs'.

"I know. It's just hard." I started to brush my teeth.

"I know. But you have two kids to think about. Anyway! Ty has been calling here. He said that he'll stop by tonight. Don't be rude as fuck either."

"I do what I want." I rinsed my mouth out and started to wipe my face.

The truth is, I don't want to face the fact that he was right.

"The fuck ever. I'll be down stairs. Hurry up. We have a hair appointment in an hour." She left out the bathroom, leaving me with my own thoughts.

I dressed and I kept thinking about how much I've failed. I was a Pharmacist. I gave that shit up for him. I left New Orleans for him. I went to bat for him when everyone was against him. I held him down. I was the epitome of a 'Ride or Die' and this is the thanks I get?

Thirty minutes later, I walk downstairs a pair of of dark blue Gucci jeans, with a black leather jacket! and a plain white v-neck. I strutted to the kitchen ok my four-inch thigh high leather boots.

"Oh yea, this appointment is much needed for both of us." Ciara joked as she saw my messy bun on top of my head.

"Bitch whatever." I laughed and grabbed a bottle of water out of the fridge.

"Awe my baby! I can't wait for you to get here!" Ciara smiled as she rubbed my belly.

"I'm ready for her ass too. Three more months!" I took another gulp of my water. "Let's go though." I walked away from Ciara and headed towards the door.

Once I stepped outside I headed straight over to Ciara's all black Range Rover.

"Hurry up! It's cold as fuck and my feet hurt." I whined as Ciara slowly trotted over to the car.

"Aye! We need to stop and get you something dress to wear when we leave the shop." She unlocked the doors and we both got in.

"The fuck is wrong with what I have on?" I down at my outfit.

"It's cute,but you see how I'm dressed..." She pulled out the gate. I looked at her, and she was over dressed if you ask me. She had on a pair of black leather tights, a black long sleeve shirt that criss-crossed in the front and was held together by a belt. Like hoe where were you going?

"You are over dressed!" I pressed my lips together and rolled my eyes.

"Whatever. I looks good!" She smacked her lips and entered on to the interstate.

"Karlee!" Shondra cheered as soon as I entered the salon. "Ciara!" She cheered for Ci too,but rushed over to me.

"Hey Shondra!" I hugged her.