CXXVI

[Instagram]

mikenzonikolai 🌄

mikenzonikolai 🌄

andyvenaventura and 4 others liked your post.
andyvenaventura commented: Enjoy you two 🤩. 1m

~

Nika sneered at him. "Bakit? Pagagalitan mo ba ako kapag sinabi kong oo?"

She was actually tempted to stop by the nearest convenience store earlier to buy a pack. But she held herself back, settling for a strawberry-flavored chewing gum and a stale beer.

He sighed, shaking his head in response. "No, it's okay."

Her brow arched. "Weh? Sure ka ba d'yan? Kaya mo ba ako binibigyan ng lighter?"

"It was a gift. I was hoping it would come across figuratively," sagot ni Kenzo.

"Figuratively?"

He nodded, placing an arm around her shoulder as they continue walking. "Sinabi ko naman sa 'yo dati? That I could be your cigarette stick when you need me to."

Medyo natawa si Nika. "So kaya mo ako binigyan ng lighter? Gano'n pala 'yon."

He couldn't help himself from smiling too. "Yes."

"Pero okay, hindi naman ako nanigarilyo ngayong araw kahit tempted na ako kanina."

"I'm glad to hear that."

"Pero kapag ba sinabi kong nanigarilyo ako, magagalit ka?" Nika asked.

"No," he replied. "If it's your way to calm and ease yourself out, then it's fine."

"Sure?"

He sighed. "Can I tell you something?"

"Ano 'yon?"

"I don't want to tell you how to live your life. You don't need to be told. Hindi ka na bata. You're also past being a minor. It's not that I tolerate you, but if smoking is the only thing that could comfort you, then it's fine. Sabi mo naman hindi palagi and aware ka rin sa consequences. I care, but it's still your decision at the end of the day. So you don't have to worry about me getting mad at you for smoking once or twice."

"Alam mo, 'di ko rin naman pangarap sirain baga ko. Hindi ko lang talaga mapigilan minsan kapag masama loob ko."

Miko nodded. "I know. You said it before."

Nika grinned. "'Wag ka mag-alala, hanap na lang ako ibang paraan."

"Like?"

Nika stopped for a while, cupping his cheeks and tipping her toes so she could steal a kiss from him before running away.

And all of his efforts fell short to hide it, but Miko tugged his lip through his teeth to prevent himself from smiling too much.

But the crimson blush on his cheeks didn't escape her eyes.

And perhaps it was the setting sun and the lulls of the gushing wind and the mountains and the cliffs and Miko.

But the day was suddenly turning out better than she thought.

Nika extended her hand, watching him walk the remaining distance separating them from each other.

He took her hand when they were close enough to each other.

She couldn't help but notice the warmth of his hand against her touch. It was comforting and easing and for an unknown reason, the rage she was harboring when she woke up was slowly slipping away.

Miko placed an arm around her shoulder again, pulling her closer to him as if they weren't already close enough.

The tip of his nose touched the top of her head and the scent of her coconut shampoo filled his senses.

He couldn't help sniffing and planting soft kisses on her hair.

"I missed you," he said.

Medyo nangunot naman ang noo ni Nika. "Ha? Miss mo 'ko agad? E magkasama tayo no'ng Friday tapos nag-usap naman tayo kahapon."

A faint smile drew on his lips when he nodded. "I know. But I still missed you."