Preface and how to read

Vaera's looks

[Vaera Targaryen by @/laurelizabetharts on Instagram]

["Princess Vaera of House Targaryen, the Dragon Bound, Princess of Dragonstone and Princess Regent to His Grace, King Aegon of House Targaryen, Third of His Name, the People's Princess, the Fire Breather and Rider of Vermithor, the Bronze Fury" ak...

["Princess Vaera of House Targaryen, the Dragon Bound, Princess of Dragonstone and Princess Regent to His Grace, King Aegon of House Targaryen, Third of His Name, the People's Princess, the Fire Breather and Rider of Vermithor, the Bronze Fury" aka The Most Dangerous Woman in Westeros by @/wweskywalker on Instagram]

Vaera Targaryen, Princess of the Realm, was loved and feared by the lords and ladies. Quite tall, with penetrating violet eyes and a gentle yet commanding voice, she was in the habit of listening rather than talking. Yet, when she did speak, in her unemotional voice, she would give a brief order - and the order was obeyed.

[...] the Princess Vaera was even more determined to win this game of thrones for her sister - for the Old King and the Good Queen's inheritance and hard work to secure rights in Westeros would not have gone to waste, for her sister's birth right was the Iron Throne and the Iron Throne she would sit.
extract taken from the chapter, "The Aftermath of Prince Lucerys' Death".

Vaera is tall (5.11) she's taller than Rhaenyra, Alicent , Helaena and Aegon but not taller than Aemond - Aemond is about 6.2. She trains a lot and that makes her muscly and lean although some ladies of the court would call her chunky.
She is very similar to Rhaenyra in looks, her sister would call her the New Realm's Delight after the birth of Aegon III. She is pale and her violet eyes pop up in her Bambi-like big eyes and luscious eyelashes. Like Rhaenyra she is square-faced.
Vaera's hair are rather flat on the top but they become more fluffy towards the bottom, they're silky and sleek often after training; they're very thick and waist length. When she was young, up until her twenties, she would usually wear them in long braids or up, braided, always away from her face but, once she got in her twenties, especially her early twenties, she would wear them only with small braids or away from her face but loose and they were usually nourished and voluminous. Even if not braided, she has wavy/curly hair unlike most Targaryens, that's another thing that distinguishes her beside the curse of her father-mother-sister.

HOW TO READ
To read the show canon and book inspired story start from chapter "The Princess' Future" and finish with "The Aftermath of Prince Lucerys Velaryon" - skip the two chapters between that one and "season two show version" and continue with "A Son For A Son"