◇wasted youth◇

"i don't know why, but i feel conned."

"sorry to say, but it's true. i tried typing in everyone's name... and my last attempt... was trustworthy miss sara's last name, chidouin... imagine my shock. i'm sure some people don't find it shocking, though." his eyes flickered to you, but nobody seemed to notice. "i...! i've never seen that laptop in my life." sou shook his head. "of course, i know this isn't your laptop, miss sara. it's kai's.. isn't it?" kai was quiet. "...you... read the emails?" emails? "so.. you admit it." keiji stared at kai, waiting for a confession. "i wanted to read them all. if only miss nao hadn't whacked me... urgh.."

"well now, what did they say..?" sou nodded, looking upwards. "i remember them well.. 'as planned, seventeen people have been secured'... that's what it said." so your fate had been set. you didn't just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. you were meant to be here. "i was able to read four emails. all of them were sent from kai to some other person... though all the addresses were different. nonsense addresses that seemed like codes.. i'm guessing that was a security measure to hide who they were being sent to. i'll recount them starting from the oldest, okay?" how did he suddenly have some picture perfect memory?

"as planned, seventeen people have been secured. just in case, is there no error in the date of the death game? everything is proceeding smoothly."

"i feel a deep affection for miss sara as well. i will certainly protect her. i am prepared to offer myself up for the chidouins.

"it's about time. if any harm comes to sara chidouin, i will stand against even you as an enemy."

"miss sara is looking forward to the games. surely her friend will also take part."

"..and that's what they all said." what did he mean she was looking forward to this? "death game.. you gotta be shittin' me! clearly he's talkin' about this!" was the friend joe? "k...kai! this's gotta be wrong, right?! you can't be with the kidnappers, yeah?!" alice scoffed. "well now.. were the aproned scoundral and sara chidouin acquainted?" could they have been? "um... you don't think the 'friend' is.. joe?!" that made the most sense. "eh? m..me?" ...was he really surprised? "i inferred that much myself. it's a fact that kai knew about this death game. he's with the kidnappers... and more terrifying yet... miss sara and joe are with them, too."

"how dare you say that?!" joe seemed especially offended. "huh.. sou you won't admit it." joe quickly shook his head. "obviously! we nearly died in the first trial, too!" nao nodded. "y..yes, that's right! something that terrifying... there's no point in doing it yourself, is there...?" you remembered your trial with gin. he was still holding your hand. "did you really do the trial..? you can't prove it, can you?" they did have the key, though that wasn't really the best evidence. "you cannot prove it yourself, either.. though if we had the laptop here, your lies would be exposed as well." you weren't sure if kai had given up on denying accusations. "even after your threat was exposed, you're still staying stubborn, eh?"

"for the argument's sake, i might acceot kai's a bad guy, but i can't get those two bein' our enemies!" sou seemed confused, seemingly taking offense. "back in russian roulette, it was sara and joe bein' there that got us through safe!" q-taro was right, sara had been the challenger. "h-hold on a second... that isn't what.." keiji crossed his arms calmly. "just makin' sure here... but you didn't read the emails wrong, did you?" sou shook his head. "....h...huh? err... h-how strange... what's the matter, everybody..? think calmly now.. l-look, kai and nao's actions were proven! nao hit me... made a big bump, even... doubting me now... it's illogical! this is... just weird... w-why does everybody believe miss sara...?"

"hmph, how pitiful... it seems the difference in trust between you two is the difference netween heaven and earth." alice spoke in an annoyed tone. "...what the hell..?! open your eyes, everybody!! i'm.. i'm tell you what's right..!!!" you shook your head, deciding to finally step in for sara. "sou, like i said, i get tour suspicions, but you can't act like you've been completely honest. maybe.. others have been lying, and you're the only one who's coming out about it. you can't expect trust when you're hopping back and fourth before truths and lies. you're painting yourself as a villain and asking us to believe you're a victim. we know you're a victim in this situation, we all are."