◇see a way to change◇

"i start the day high and it ends so low."

"i'm q-taro burgerberg, and i'm a ball player! if ya work out too much 'nd hurtcha' self, you won't make it big!" his dialect was unfamiliar, but you chose not to question it. "i.. believe baseball has positions, right?" the man with the beanie spoke up, you weren't sure where he was going with that question. "i'mma' pitcher! confident in my battin' too, was lucky enough to make it to central league." there was a short pause. "that means... you're good at throwing the ball and hitting it with the bat, right?" a real baseball fan, huh. "y-yeah, that's right. anyways, i was out drinkin' one night, and when i woke up i was here. dunno' how, but i can't get this damn collar off." your eyes slightly widened as you pressed your hand to your neck, sure enough you had a collar as well. it really was getting interesting. "i see! thanks for talking to me, q-taro. i'm [f/n] [l/n], i work in forensic psychology."

he didn't seem too sure on what that was. next up, you decided to talk to reko. "yabusame, right? i'm [f/n] [l/n], do you have any memory on how you got here?" she huffed, thinking. "i was tryin' to meet up with some bandmates. damn kidnapper better not have threw out my stuff.." the artsy-looking woman cut in. "i-is now really the time to worry about belongings?" reko crossed her arms, huffing again. "damn right it is! some of that stuff is worth as much as my life!" the redhead pretty much squeaked as she apologized, leaving you to move on. "satou, right? i'm [f/n] [l/n]." he hummed, nodding. "pleasure to meet you, miss [f/n]. my best meal is eggs benedict." slightly deadpanning, you nodded. it was a strange thing to bring up, but oh well. "a chef, huh?" the baseball player made kai almost look offended. "no, not a chef. a homemaker, similar to a house-husband."

"same thing!" you gently laughed before turning back to satou. "hey, where'd you get those utensils anyways?" he thought for a second before answering. "they were in the room i woke up in, i figured they'd be useful as a sort of protection. would you like to use one? i'll offer anything except the frying pan." you smiled, waving off the idea before continuing on. sara and joe had been walking away from the red-haired woman, who seemed distressed. "heya, you good?" she looked at you, before looking towards mishima. "you don't think the professor is sketchy, do you?!" well, that's one way to start a conversation. "hm, no, not in particular. professor? are you a student of his?" she smiled at your answer. "i used to be! it's thanks to him that i made it to college so i could study art! i don't think i could've stayed calm in the first trial if it wasn't for him. hm.. i don't really like keiji, but i like you and sara!"

keiji didn't seem very popular among the crowd. "ah, thank you, i like you too- oh! you never told me your name! i'm [f/n] [l/n]!" she truly was a nice woman, it was nice to be on her good side. "nao egokoro! i'm nineteen and i'm studying art!" you smiled, shaking her hand. "ah, i suppose i should introduce myself too, then." it was the beanie man, it would be nice to know everyone's names. "well, i can read the room, woof! i'll be mature, meow!" you smiled at gin, he was quite the character.

"i'm sou hiyori. err, i'm just a job-hopper, aha." he had weird taste in pants, the brown bottoms he was wearing didn't go with the rest of his outfit. "so, living hand to mouth, meow?" god, you loved when kids made comments like that. "wha- don't put it like that! it's not a ton, but i've got savings..!" sara continued to ask why he didn't introduce himself to begin with. "ah, i guess i was just wary like joe was. plus, it's not like i had the best job or anything so.. i guess i was embarrassed." gin huffed, pointing a finger at hiyori. "just lie about it then, meow!" sou gripped his scarf nervously. "h-hey now, you can't trust people like that! come on now, don't look at me like that! miss [f/n], you seem a lot stronger than i am, i'm jealous." you didn't remember telling him your name, though you supposed he just over heard it.

"no, i was just thinking. do you remember anything from when you were brought here?" he thought for a second before slowly nodding. "i was in a bad part of town late at night. it was dangerous, but night-shifts at a convenient store down there pay pretty well. i got attacked there, but that's all i remember, sorry." you shrugged, it's not like anyone really remembered much. "when you get home, find a job!" sou groaned at gin's comment. you'd have to talk to hiyori more later, something about him seemed off. "my name's gin ibushi, i'm a sixth grader, woof! i'm only introducing myself cause' none of you guys are anything special, woof!" for a twelve year old, he definitely had a sharp tongue. "do you remember anything before waking up here?" joe seemed to feel bad, understandably. "hmmm, mom was coming home late so i stayed up to wait! i heard the intercom and thought it was her, but instead there was some grown up standing at the door, meow! that's all I remember, woof."