Day out

Mom,

I left breakfast and Lunch in the fridge. I am heading to the park and I will be back later. Call me if you need anything.

Also, we are going to have a talk about this Mystery Man you have been seeing. Don't try to deny it mom. I know how you get when you are trying to hide something.

Love you,

Ren

P.S I used some left overs to make some food to feed to the strays.

I placed the note on the table and headed out the door. I walked down the path, passing my neighbor, who was heading upstairs. He stopped on the steps and waved at me.

"Hello, Ren," She greeted.

"Hello, Ranka," I said.

"How your mom?" he asked.

"Shes doing great. You should know, you work with her," I said. Ranka laughed.

"You are such a funny boy!" He laughed fixing his scarf. "Well, have fun!"

Ranka turned around, walking back up the steps. I continued walking to the near by park. Near the parks pond sat a giant oak tree that strays usually gather around. No one knows why they do, that's where I go to feed them.

I walked into the park. Under the oak tree laid a large grey dog with a brown and white cat laying next to it. Their ribs both showed. People in the park paid no attention to them. I knelt by the two animals. The dog and cat lifted their heads to looked at me.

"Hey, you two hungry?" I asked. I pulled out some of the food. The cat rose, sniffed my hand, then snatched the food from it. I placed more food in front of the dog. He sniffed it and began to slowly eat all of it. I sat underneath the oak tree, gazing at the pond. The cat crawled in to my arms purring while the dog curled up to me, falling asleep.

My life has been nothing but hectic since I made that deal with Nanami. I should have learned from that deal not to make another one, but nope, I went and made a deal with someone way worse, the Shadow king. His deal is more dangerous and life controlling, all for information about my dad. I am really beginning to doubt its worth it at all. Well, good thing that s come out of this so far is that my mom and Nanami.

I breathed out and pushed my hair out of my face.

I really need to get a hair cut. Speaking of which I also need to patch some of my clothes and clean out the fridge. I can catch the sale going on next week when I go grocery shopping. Man I need to make a list if I am going to do that.

"Ren?" a voice asked. I snapped out of my thoughts. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a familiar figure appear.

"Hi Hanna," I said. She sat down in front of me.

"Its been awhile. How are you?" Hanna asked.

"Busy. How are you?" I asked.

"Great! I see your feeding the strays again," Hanna said looking at the cat in my arms.

"Yeah, poor things looks like they haven't ate in a while," I said petting the cat. We fell silent. Hanna gazed at me, biting her lip. I closed my eyes and took a couple deep breaths.

"So, I am meeting up with a couple friends at the mall. If you are not doing anything, do you want to join us?"

I opened my eyes to see Hanna tugging at the hem of her shirt.

"Sure, I am not doing anything. I can pick up a few things from the mall while I am there," I said. Hanna looked at me surprised.