Basketball Team

I quickly changed into my old gym clothes and headed to the courts. When I got there about 8 boys stood on the court laughing while the coach just stood there. I walked towards them. the coach looked at my approaching figure.

“Everyone quiet!” the coach shouted. Everyone fell silent. “As you know the school board has selected a new captain for this team.”

As he finished I stopped beside him. Everyone looked at me.

“Who is he?” one of them asked.

“Meet your new captain, Second Year, Yoite Ren,” Osamu said. I looked at them, recognizing Hiro and Arata. Hiro glared at me and Arata slightly waved at me.

“Hey,” I said. Some greeted me back while others, glared at me.

“You expect a commoner to be our captain?” one said. Several nodded in agreement.

“I see, you don’t like the fact that I am a commoner, the very class are clients to you families,” I said.

“Wh-” I held up my hand and stared at them.

“Before we start an argument let's settle this like basketball players. With a game.”

“How?” Hiro asked.

“Simple. Who ever doesn't want me to be Captain go to the other end of the gym. Those who want me as the Captain stay here,” I explained. Hiro walked to the other side of the gym and 4 others followed him. Arata stood next to me.

“Well this is us then,” he said. I nodded.

“Alright, shall we start the game?” I yelled at the others.

“Bring it Commoner!” someone yelled.

“It four against five,” one of my teammates said.

“Don’t worry, numbers don’t matter, its how you work and communicate as a team,” I said. They nodded.

Osamu decided to keep score and track of the time. Hiros’ team received the ball first. He raced down the court with it. My team members tried to block him from shooting. Hiro tripped the other players and I was to busy helping them up. Hiro scored.

“First basket,” Hiro said. His team glared at him.

They don’t very well together. Could be their egos or pride. Both is more like it.

As I ran after the ball I noticed that Arata was almost out of breath. Hiro played by himself as did a few others. One player kept tripping and another looked lost. I shook my head. I intercepted the ball as Hiro threw it. I grabbed the ball and dribbled down the court, dodging Hiros’ team. One stood in front of me. His upper block was good. I bounced the ball between their legs, then sidestepped him. I caught the ball again and continued the court, making a basket.

As the game went on, I passed the ball to my teammates and sometimes they would miss it or the other team would steal it. They also made baskets. Hiros’ team started to push each other. I sighed. Osamu blew the whistle.

“Times up!” he yelled. We all jogged over to him.

“Who won?” Hiro asked.

“Well, it looks like you guys are stuck with Ren,” Osamu said. Some of them groaned.

“Great,” one of them muttered. I stood in front of them.

“Well, since I am officially you captain now give me the names you want to be called by,” I said.

“Daiki,” the first one said. Daiki has brown hair and green eyes.

“Goro,” said a boy with black and grey eyes.

“Hiro,” Hiro grumbled.

“Arata,” Arata cheerfully said.

“Akio,” huffed a boy with blonde hair and blue eyes.

“Yuuto,” said another boy with brown hair but he had brown eyes.

“Taiki,” said a red head boy with dark green eyes.

“Baku,” said a black haired brown eyed boy.

“Nice to meet you all. Be prepared, the really training starts tomorrow,” I said. After that we all headed to the showers. I hurried and got dressed, then headed to the Host club. I opened the door.

“You’re late!” a voice shouted.

*-*-*-*

Yeah, it may be boring but you people needed to meet the basketball team! The story will pick up in the next couple of chapters!

Thanks for reading!