Chapter 2: Heroes of Mandalorian Part 2

Ezra walks up behind Sabine as he picks up a piece of the armor, it withers away into ash at her fingertips.

Leo pants as his eye were wide with worry, "Nonar! Jason! Silya!!!" he calls out into the winds. Bo-Katan turns away from him as the sight of the land was evident even to their whereabouts.

Tears swell in Sabine's eyes as she lowers her head in shame, Bo-Katan walks up and stood next to Ezra. "There were rumors the Empire was working on a weapon to neutralize Mandalorian armor that it had even been tested on our people. I-I didn't believe it," she spoke up.

Alrich walks up to Leo and places his hand on the young chief's shoulder. "Not the Empire. Me. This is all my fault." Sabine snaps as she looks over her shoulder.

Leo stiffens as he exhales heavily, clutching his fist as Bo-Katan stiffens as well, glaring at her. "Sabine, you can't blame yourself for this. You tried--" Ezra tries to reason with her.

"Everything my father said was true, Ezra!" she shouts, standing to her feet as the others join him and Bo-Katan. She turns to the others "This is my work! I created a weapon that did this and because of me, the Empire is going to turn my world into a graveyard!!" she snaps.

Leo just looks at her. The guilt and self-loathing shined in her torn eyes. "Because of me, Mandalorians are going to die!" she shouts looking away from them, "Leo's clansmen, my mother and brother are--" she went of the tears streaming down her cheeks. "Sabine!" Ursa calls out, shocking the others.

They looked behind them as Sabine steps forward, looking at the smoking transport. And from the smoke, three figures walk out, Tristan helping his mother walk as Silya, the back of her armor scorched and jetpack gone as she held in her arms, scorched armor that was barely holding together.

Leo steps up next to Sabine and they both took off running. "Tristan! Mother!" Sabine calls out meeting them halfway as Leo ran up to Silya, gripping her arms tightly and looking her over.

"Mother, Tristan, I... I thought I lost you," she spoke and Ursa meet her eyes. "We were caught at the edge of the weapon's range. Thanks to your warning, we made it out," she informs her.

"Silya, you're okay." Leo said with relief, but Silya didn't speak nor even notice he grip hold of her. "Where are Jason and Nonar? Did they make it out?" he asks.

She raised her head to him for a moment, then looks down at the armor in her arms. Leo looks down at the armor, seeing the scorching gray armor that had faint dark blue streaks in them.

The realization hits and he meets the gaze of her visor, "The others weren't so lucky." Tristan spoke, making the brick just hit Leo harder. He bites his lip, holding back any words that dare slip out, so he steps to Silya's side and held her arms, helping her walk.

"Guess you were lucky you were just at the edge, huh?" he mutters, Silya was quiet for a moment, "I don't consider myself lucky," she mutters.

But then Chopper chatters speaking up as his antenna was locked onto a signal "Chopper's picked up something." Kanan spoke out. Bo-Katan steps up next to him, "Survivors?" she asks.

Rau just places his helm on and looks out at the distance, "No. the Empire's coming back to finish the job." he warns as they stood ready.

The Mando imps open fire on them as Ezra ignites his saber, as did Sabine as she bellows with a charge. Leo glares back at them, the anger overtaking his sense and he turns to Kanan "Take her." he orders, passing Silya to him.

He just turns to him, "Leo, wait, think about this!" he tries to warn him, but Leo fires his jetpack and flew right at the Mando imps. "Get back! I'll cover you!" Ezra calls out.