Chapter 14: A Fool's Hope

The Ghost drop from hyperspace heading toward the planet. "Ghost to Joopa Base, do you copy?" Rex calls out on the line.

Hera walks up behind him, "This is Joopa Base. Ghost proceed to coordinate 6-7-8-2." Wolfe answers and the two ships flew down toward the planet.

On the desert surface of the planet, was a walking Imperial Walker that was up and running with a platform right on top.

The Ghost flew in and set down. The clone looks up at him and salutes them.

~8~8~8~

He opens the door inside the control room as Gregor and Ketsu were waiting for them. Wolffe leads the rebels right in. "We were expecting you last rotation," he informs them. "I had trouble escaping Lothal," Hera answers as Rex and Kallus fall in behind her.

"The Empire's blockade is tougher than ever." she warns them, then a faint sigh came from behind the clones "That would be no problem for me." a familiar voice calls out.

They looked and saw Hondo and Melch sitting at the table, enjoying the food. Hera just frowns at him. "Hondo, I see you got my message," she spoke.

The pirate stood up and climbs over the table as he presses his hand to Melch's face who just squealed and Hondo jumps to the ground, taking his hand off. "At your service," he said with a bow.

"And my too, of course." he places his hat back on and steps forward. "He wasn't hard to find. Talks a lot for a smuggler." Kestu spoke up.

This makes him stop and turn to her, wagging his finger. "Bup-bup-bup! Pirate! That is pirate, my dear." he informs as she just rolls her eyes.

Then the pirate leans in close to her "So much more romantic than a smug... Mug... word that... ugh, never mind." he frowns and waves the word away. "I think it's time we discussed the mission." Kallus points out.

Hando pulls away and claps his hands together "Of course. But with such an odd collection of characters, I'm curious, how are we going to split the profits?" he asks.

The rebels exchanged looks, "Are we stealing? Are we liberating?" he asks them. "Rebel command never sent a briefing," Wolffe informs him.

Rex places his hand on his shoulder, "That's because, old friend, this mission isn't for the Rebellion." he informs as he looks to Hera, who just smiles. Everyone was now on their feet.

"It's for Ezra and Mako. We're liberating their home, and we need your help. All of you." she informs them.

"Against a planet of Imperials? General, those are difficult odds." Woffle informs her. "I agree. But those kids of spirit! They both remind me of the time when there was still something you could believe in." Hando spoke up.

Ketsu flicks her eyes down, "The Jedi." she spoke as the rebels just looked at her. "We followed them into battle many times," Wolffe spoke up. "Well, how about one more time, eh?" Gregor offers with a laugh.

Hera just looks at them and smiles, "So you're in?" she asks, Hando removes his hat. "Madam, for those children, there is nothing I would not do."

~8~8~8~

Hidden in the clutter of rocks of Lothal, A Jedi sat in meditation, listening to the shifting winds.

But a Mandalorian walks up behind him. "Ezra..." Sabine calls out as she kneels next to him and places her hand on his shoulder "you okay?" she asks, as he opens his eyes.

"Something's changed. Something's happening," he answers, looking out at the horizon, Sabine removes her hand. "What's wrong?" she asks. He turns to her, "I have to talk to Hera."