Chapter 12: Wolves and a Door

The Loth-cat wakes from a sound, popping its head up, sensing the Loth-wolf then began to trot up his tail and rest on his head, both looking out at the Rebel base where the Ghost rebels that were gathered around the piece of stone that Ezra returned.

"All right, Ezra, Mako, you have our attention now explain what's going on," Ezra asks them. They both exchanged a nod, "This stone came from the Jedi Temple on Lothal." Era spoke, gesturing to the stop as Leo and Sabine ponder over it.

"That's far to the north, how did it get here?" Hera asks them. "The Loth-wolves gave it to me. They think the Empire is doing something terrible there." Ezra informs him.

Zeb just chuckles at them, "OK, wait, they think? What did they talk to you?" he questions him. Ezra scratches his head. "Well, just the one," he answers.

"But they're right. The Empire is tearing the temple apart trying to find its secrets and if they do, the fate of the universe is in peril." Mako informs them, crossing her arms as Leto nods his head in agreement.

"Mako, how do you know this?" Hera asks her, and she flicks her eyes away, momentarily. "I saw it in a vision and it was horrible. But their main focus is the markings on the walls, particularly these ones," she said, gesturing to the stone in front of them.

"I wish they told you what these symbols mean," Sabine spoke and turns the stone. "But, mmm, maybe I could make more sense of them If I saw the temple up close," she informs them.

Leo took a closer look, "I think I can make sense of them. This means peace, a gentle and relaxed hand." he points at the first one. Then turns to the second. "And this one means order, a tall and firm strong hand" he points to the second one "And this one, a fist of unyielding and unimaginative power." he points at the last one.

"And how do you know this, Leo?" Zeb asks, the young Mandalorian chief looks up at him, "My parents made it a habit when it comes to remembering the past, our history, and the histories of my enemies." he answers.

Sabine nods as she was impressed. "But it would be better if we get up close and in person." Leo informs them, and the Jedi and former Jedi nod. "I agree we have to go, I don't the Empire putting their hands all over the Temple." Ezra agrees.

"So, let's stop them. For Kanan." Hera orders them. Leto chatters in agreement. "There's just one problem." Sabine stood to her feet. "As Hera said, the Temple is far to the north and we don't have a ship." she reminds them.

Leo stood as well. "I hate to say it, but I agree with Sabine, but even if we did, we couldn't get there without being seen, and if we hike it there on foot. There will be nothing left of the temple. We're going to need a means of travel without being seen." he informs them, crossing his arms.

Ezra flicks his eyes at the others as he locks them with Mako, Leto chirps at him as she nods at him, they both looked at the others, "We can get us there." Ezra answers making the others look at them.

~8~8~8~

Ezra and Mako lead them out to the field, and the others followed them as Ezra and Mako step to the edge of the rock surface. They grip each other's hands, close their eyes, and held their hands out, calling out to the native lives of the planet.

It was quiet for a moment, then another pass, and then another. Until they both open their eyes, hearing the howling in the distance and there they stood.

The wolves of Lothal, standing before them in the grass as a few reptiles similar to Leto stood atop their heads. The Jedi let go of the former Jedi's hand as they walk step their way to them.