Chapter 4 The Royal Ball

The next day, Queen Simone and Prince Bill held another royal ball, all alone, with no guests from other kingdoms. Annabelle looked at herself in the mirror, her dress, which she had sewn herself, was beautiful. It was a beautiful dark blue, the fabric glittered a bit and small crystals made the dress sparkle and sparkle even more. Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Queen Simone stood in the doorway. "You look wonderful Annabelle. You really have talent. This dress is perfect for you." "Thank you Your Majesty." "Are you coming to the ballroom? My son is already waiting for us." "Yes, I'll come with you." "Oh, Annabelle. Thank you." "What are you thanking me for, Queen Simone? You already thanked me for the dress." "Not for the dress. But for the fact that you're going to dance with my son tonight. He hasn't danced with anyone but me in five years. He has wanted nothing more than to dance with a girl." Annabelle nodded and smiled. Arrived in the ballroom, Prince Bill was already waiting for his mother and Annabelle. Annabelle took a deep breath before walking down the grand staircase, it looked so elegant Prince Bill thought Annabelle was floating down the stairs. Arriving at the bottom, Prince Bill took Annabelle's hand and gave her a kiss on the hand. "You look beautiful." He said very quietly. "Thanks. You look lovely too." Annabelle replied softly. Without saying a word, Prince Bill took Annabelle onto the dance floor and the two began to waltz together. The vampire prince and the girl looked deep into each other's eyes. Annabelle had completely forgotten that she actually couldn't dance, she just let the vampire prince lead her, he was a very good dancer. While Annabelle was dancing with Prince Bill, she realized that she had fallen in love with the vampire prince and Prince Bill now also realized that he had found true love with Annabelle. The vampire prince and the girl danced together all evening in the moonlight that streamed through the large windows into the ballroom.
After the dance, Prince Bill decided to take Annabelle to her room. "Thank you for this beautiful dance. It felt wonderful to dance with a girl again." "It was also a great pleasure for me to dance with you, Your Royal Highness." "Rest. You must be pretty tired by now." "You are right. Good night Royal Highness." "Good night Annabelle." Annabelle took off her dress and went to bed, after the beautiful dance with Prince Bill and fell asleep exhausted.