Part 5

Ryan POV

I skipped the Friday pick up game today for the first time ever, and begged Jasper to skip with me. We had never skipped them before, not once. It didn't matter what was happening with us, we always went. Don't get me wrong I absolutely love doing the pick up games. It's more practice and a fun way to loosen up for Saturday's games. But I couldn't go today, there's no way I could see Octavian without being a fucking stuttering red disaster. But, after a lot of begging and convincing he finally agreed.

"Ryan, you're being dramatic. And it's not like it'll matter tomorrow. We have a game so you'll have to see him then," Jasper explained, absolutely being correct. Games are every Saturday, so I'll be forced to see him. And I mean, I couldn't ignore him forever, unfortunately.

"I- I know but I just need like a 'break' from seeing him. I don't know, just please let me go to your house again tonight, please."

"Of course hun, plus you know my parents love you," he laughed. And it was true, honestly his parent's practically raised me for the last five years. They treated me like their own child and were always there for me. I spent at least three to four days a week at Jasper's house.

"Ok, thank you. I know we both love doing the pick up games and shit, but I can't bear to see Octavian right now. I'll be so red and I swear I'll implode. And having a day break will give me some time to think, ya know?" I said dramatically.

"Ok drama queen. Well since we have a few hours to burn after school, mall trip?"

"Yes! I love shopping, it's the perfect distraction," I said while bouncing on my feet in excitement.

"Yes, let's go. Plus since it's Friday we both got paid!"

We both worked at a Dunkin together. Although the pay wasn't ideal, making 12 an hour as 17 and 18 year old's was pretty good. Thankfully our boss was pretty understanding, so we always worked the same hours.

"Ooo yay let's check what we got paid!"

"Fuck ya, picking up those extra shifts did us good!" Jasper squealed, and he was right. We, after taxes got taken out, made $850. I always put at least ⅓ -½ of my paycheck in my savings, and so does Jasper. We wanted to go to college together. Either close by so we could live with his parents or get a small apartment together.

"Alright let's get ready to spend way too much money," I declared.

"Well of course. Plus you can buy some cute tight and short workout shorts to get you-know-who's attention~" Jasper said in a teasing manner.

"Jasper, I'm not going to, jeez I have some respect for myself," I said playfully.

"Uh huh, sure. We're going to ignore how you dress everyday?" he said with a raised brow. Of course I knew he was joking, but we did both dress like so-called "whores." We both liked tight and short shirts, shorts, and skirts plus ripped jeans and makeup. Of course that doesn't actually make anyone a whore. People can do and wear what they want. But we always joke.

"Fine," I dragged the word out into a dramatic sigh, "yes I'm getting semi-short and tight workout shorts. But we totally have to get matching clothes," I replied.

"Well of course."

Flash forward to after shopping at the mall

We hauled ass out of school to go to the mall and avoid possibly running into Octavian. And we barely made it. We saw Octavian get out of his car way across the parking lot. And being the dramatic people that we are, we crouched down as low as we could and basically waddled to Jasper's car as to not be seen. Well I was the dramatic one. I crouched down instantly and pulled Jasper with me. We almost fell over and Jasper gave me an annoyed, yet amused look.