Chapter 4

Leigh was extremely confused. She never saw Y/N in this light before. Not ever. She decided to distance herself a little. Amy caught onto this and decided to ask Leigh to help with the shopping.

"So, what is going on with you?" She asked her daughter as they walked through the aisles of the store. They were getting last minute things for christmas dinner. The Y/L/N's were also coming which made Leigh slightly uneasy.

"Nothing." Leigh shrugged as Amy just shook her head.

"Nope. Don't do that." She told her sternly. "I am here for you to talk to. I want to help you."

"I'm ok mum." Leigh said as she tried to steer her mind away from Y/N. "I think I have feelings for Y/N." She told her as she grabbed the cranberries for the homemade sauce.

"Finally." Amy cheered. "He liked you when you were kids but he was too chicken to say anything and then he left." Leigh was shocked by this revelation

"Do you think he still might?" She asked her mum who just chuckled. It was the day before Christmas eve and Y/N was going back to New York on the 28th. He had to book a flight since he promised Lizzie he would spend New Years with her and her family.

"I don't know Leigh. Maybe you should talk to him." She told her as Leigh just shook her head no. "Don't forget they're coming christmas day." Amy sighed before she turned to face her daughter. "You clearly have a lot of buried feelings for him, especially since he came back you finally took off your ring." She pointed out as Leigh realised. Maybe it was there all along but she just pushed it away because she didn't want to lose his friendship.

"But how would we work?" She said as they started to move through the aisles again.

"Maybe you could try the long distance or maybe you go with him to New York." She told her as she just looked at her.

"I have my jobs here mum and he has his job there." Leigh told her.

"Well you have a phone and a laptop to do the work for Drew from a different state and maybe also find another job there." She told her as Leigh thought about it.

"But I couldn't leave you and Jules to run Beautiful Beasts." She told her mother who just sighed and shook her head.

"I don't expect either you or Jules to work there for the rest of your lives sweetie. I am sure that you would maybe want more time to work on your writing." She told Leigh who just nodded.

When they had arrived home, Y/M/N came over to help them set things up ready for Christmas day. Amy, Jules and Leigh watched as Y/N paced around on the porch on the phone.

"Who is he talking too?" Amy asked Y/M/N.

"Some publisher for his manuscript." She sighed as she rubbed her eyebrow. "He's spent the majority of the day on the phone to them. All of them telling him the same thing."

Y/N sighed as he listened to the publisher. It was the same rejection call.

"I'm sorry Mr Y/L/N, the story just isn't what we are looking for right now." They spoke as Y/N rubbed his eyebrow.

"Seriously?" He said as he sat on the porch steps finishing the call. He sighed as he put his head in his hands. He was unhappy since it was a project he had worked hard on for years. Since his second year of college.

Amy and Jules both pushed Leigh out of the door. She sighed when they shut the door and started to walk towards Y/N.

"Hey." She greeted him as she approached the steps. He looked up at her as she hated that sad look in his eye. "Do you want to talk about it?" She asked him as he sighed.

"It's just I have went to dozens of publishing houses with my manuscript and no one has said it was what they were looking for." He told her. "I have worked hard on it. I worked on it for years Leigh. Since second year of college and to be told in so many words its not good enough."

"I'm sure it is good." She told him as he laughed.

"You haven't read it yet." He told her.

"Well I would love to read it. I can be your practice audience." She smiled at him as he sighed.

"I'll email you a copy." He told her as she smiled at him. "Do you want a coffee?" He asked as he helped her to her feet.

"Please." She smiled at him as she followed him inside. "You know it's weird being back in here." She said as Y/N agreed with her.

"It's like its frozen in time." He smiled at the decor that they had since he was a baby.

"Yeah, back when times were easy." She whispered as he nodded before continuing to brew the coffee. They started to talk about their childhood together that they spent here with each other.

"Your mum's house has changed though." He told her as they looked around his room. "It's strange and modern."

"I know she is kind of a hipocrite." She replied as she found his old yearbooks.

"I remember when she said that the internet was the devil's child." Y/N said as she laughed as they remembered what it was like before Leigh went back to help her mum, Jules and Y/M/N sort christmas out.

AN

Another chapter guys. Please let me know what you think.