Chapter 7

When they got home from the airport, Y/N dropped his bag off at home before Leigh and himself went back to celebrate christmas with their families.

They spent the night, playing games and having fun with the ones they love. Leigh also told her mum and Jules that she was leaving with Y/N to New York after New Years. All she had to do was work out a plan with Drew. She loved working for his Blog but she wanted to start a new so she decided to invite him the day after Boxing Day.

"So what did you want to talk to us about?" He asked her as they sat in her living room.

"Well. I'm leaving LA." She said just ripping of the bandage.

"Wow. So what does this mean for you advice column?" He asked her.

"That is what I wanted to talk to you about." She said with a sigh. "Urm I was thinking that maybe I could work on it from New York."

He was silent for a moment as he thought it through. Leigh waited in anticipation as the silence dragged on.

"I think that would be great." He said with a smile. "But I will miss you."

"I'll miss you." She said with a sad smile.

"So do I get to meet this man?" He asked her with a raised brow.

"What makes you think you it's a guy?" She challenged him.

"Because I know that look in your eyes." He smirked as she smiled shyly as she thought about Y/N. "You seem happy." He told her softly as she nodded.

"I am. It was hard to come to terms with my feelings for him but I uh I guess I just need a new start in a new place." She told him with a smile.

"Well I am happy for you Leigh." He said as they both stood up. "I will be here for New Years Eve and I will meet this mystery man of yours." He pointed at her as she smiled.

She watched as he left, and the moment his car pulled away. Y/N stepped out of his parents house. Leigh smiled as he made his way there. Leigh was happy because her mum and Jules were at Richard's for dinner so she had the house to herself.

"Hey." She whispered as she let him in.

"Hi." He smiled before he kissed her softly. "So how did it go?" He asked her as she smiled as he made them both a hot beverage.

"It went great. I am able to still work for him while in New York." She beamed. "Maybe I could even find another job while I'm there so I'm not completely alone while you're at work."

"Well I am sure we will be able to find a job that you would want to do." He said as he sipped his drink. She was the happiest she had been in a very long time and it was all Y/N. He was her light at the end of the tunnel. He was her savior.

"Do you want to know something?" She asked him as she placed her cup down.

"What?" He repeated her action.

"This is the happiest I have been in a very long time." She whispered as she stepped closer to him.

"Me too." He told her.

"You know about Matt so what about this Lizzie? Is there any other girls I should no about." She asked him with a smirk.

"Truthfully no. I believe I already told you about Nicole and Lizzie and I had more of a friends with benefits type of thing." He told her.

"Did you love her?" She asked him as he shook his head no.

"I could never love anyone like I love you." He told her. She was putty in his hands under his loving gaze. "I have loved you for as long as I can remember. Hell I even tried to move away to get over you and guess what, it never worked."

"Why didn't you tell me?" She asked him.

"Because I knew that if I did, you would hate me and I would lose you." He told her.

"You don't know that." She said as she stepped away.

"I do know that." He told her. "If I had told you then, would it be different? Would we have been together since then?"

"No. I uh." She stuttered as he watched her.

"See. It wouldn't have mattered if I had said back then how I felt. But this what we have now is worth the wait." He told her. "Us was worth the wait."

"I'm sorry." She whispered as he cupped her cheeks.

"Don't be. I have grown into my own person as did you." He told her. "You have a huge opportunity. You have a chance to change your future."

"I love you." She whispered as she held his wrists.

"I love you and I always will." He told her before closing the distance and meeting her lips in a passionate kiss.

AN

A chapter guys. Please let me know what you think