Chapter 6: Den City

It was a normal day of school for Yusaku Fujiki as he sat through a usual class. Lately, he had been having these dreams of another world out there. 

It's a world with portals and other dimensions where they all did a type of summoning in the game of duel monsters. 

Yusaku was familiar with many different summoning techniques such as Fusion, Synchro, and Xyz Summoning. 

Though strangely enough, they didn't have a world for Ritual Summoning and there was a whole new summoning he had never heard of. Pendulum Summoning. 

"Cards that are both Monsters and Spells..." Yusaku murmured as he thought about what he saw. 

He saw a boy with green and red hair, ruby red eyes and a pair of goggles on his head. 

Yusaku didn't know much about him other than a phrase he always said. 

"Ladies and gentlemen!" 

"I wonder who he is..." Yusaku thought as he closed his eyes, slowly falling asleep. 

Yusaku walks up to the door before knocking on it and stepping back. There are footsteps before the door opens to reveal Dr. Taki. 

"Yusaku-san." 

Yusaku nods in response. 

"I came to see Ryoken. Is he around?" Yusaku asked. 

"Oh yes, please come in." 

Dr. Taki holds open the door as Yusaku enters the house, the door closing. She leads him to the room, opening the door revealing Ryoken. 

"Yusaku." Ryoken smiles as Yusaku enters the room, taking a seat next to Ryoken who is sitting at a desk with a computer. 

"How are you these days?" Yusaku asked as he observed Ryoken. 

"I'm fine. But I have a feeling your visit is more than a simple check in on me." Ryoken said, smirking with interest. 

Yusaku sighed. 

"Well, I have been having these dreams for a while now. Does "Pendulum Summoning" mean anything to you?" Yusaku watched Ryoken's reaction as the other boy has a look of realization. 

"The other knights and I have discovered a portal that leads to other worlds and dimensions. There is, in fact, a world where such summoning exists." Ryoken said, looking thoughtful. 

"I guess your link sense never fails you." Ryoken murmered though Yusaku heard it. 

"I feel like a part of me needs to discover this world, to discover this person in my dreams. I want to know who he is." Yusaku said. 

"Well, if you're up for another partnership with the Knights of Hanoi, with me. You're welcome to join us." Ryoken said, holding out his hand to Yusaku. 

Yusaku pauses before taking Ryoken's hand. 

"Sure, this time anyway." Yusaku smiles. 

Yusaku gets ready to go to Link Vrains as he grabs his deck and duel disk before walking inside the duel chamber. 

"Good luck, Yusaku!" Kusanagi called out as the chamber door closed. 

Yusaku placed his deck into his duel disk as his voice activated the duel chamber. 

"Deck Set! Into the Vrains!" he shouted. 

The chamber activated as his clothes changed into his avatar's form which consisted of black and green bodysuit with gold lines running throughout it and his hair changing from blue and pink to orange and yellow with purple streaks and accents.