CHAPTER 10: Jealousy (Ken's POV)

I walked into the music room, it was only my second day in the club but something felt good about it. I've never felt I've truly belonged in anything before.

Luke was in there, practicing on his drums. I gayed a piece of hair and tried to look cute, which didn't work because I tripped on a wire and fell all over the floor.

He looked up, with a very concerned look on his face. "Uh... you good?"

I laughed awkwardly and got up.

Luke continued to practice on the drums.

"You know what that sounds like..." I said, walking over the piano.

I played the opening notes to Material Girl by Madonna.

"Material Girl, Kenley? Really?" Luke said, throwing one of his drum sticks at me.

"CAUSE I AM LIVING IN A MATERIAL WORLD-" I screamed.

"Come on, I'm not gonna sing it-" Luke said.

"AND I AM A MATERIAL GIRL!" I played the iconic notes on Zander's keyboard. I could only imagine him saying, "The piano is not a toy!"

"YOU KNOW THAT I AM LIVING IN A MATERIAL WORLD!" I winked at Luke, it felt really weird and awkward and I immediately regretting it, but then what happened next was astounding-

"AND I AM A MATERIAL GIRL!" Luke sang, taking the microphone from me.

A few minutes later, after lots of Material Girl-ing, I heard somebody pull the plug on the speaker. It was Zander.

"What did I tell you? THE PIANO IS NOT A TOY!" He shoved me away from his precious baby, not Luke, the Piano, and started... hugging it.

"What the actual heck Zander." Jake said, standing in the doorway.

"You wouldn't understand what true love feels like!" Zander screamed.

"Aw, thanks." Luke said.

"I wasn't talking about you-" Zander shot back.

"I actually do know what true love feels like..." Jake said, staring at a picture of the Music Freaks on a shelf.

I smiled, and wondered if he was thinking about Hailey.

____________________

He better have been thinking about Hailey