Chapter 1: The 7th Alpha

Jungkook's POV.

Once again I woke up thinking about my mate.
"Where in the world is my mate?" Brushing my hair back from my face, I sat up on the bed. I ran my hand on the empty side of my bed. How I wished to wake up next to my mate, feeling her skin on mine, her scent filling the room, kisses...

'Knock knock'

"Come in!"

"Alpha, Luna is ready for you." One of the guards informed standing at the door. I nodded and motioned for him to leave. The guard bowed his head before closing the door. You see Alpha should have a Luna to run a pack but since I had not found my mate, I chose my own Luna, Dahee. Dahee was very beautiful and smart. She was the daughter of one of the former Alphas. She had all the qualities a luna should have. She was kind to the pack and everyone loved her. But she was just not my mate.

A week after I turned 18 I became the head Alpha of the Alpha Walkers as My father JungHo, the former head Alpha believed that me becoming the Alpha will make the pack stronger since I am a trueblood. And he was right. Ever since I became the Alpha, many packs feared the Alpha Walkers. If anyone challenges this pack it was their death wish.

Alpha Walkers pack was nothing without my hyungs, Namjoon, Jin, Hoseok, Jimin and Yoongi, my best friend. They were leading five of the six territories that makes up the Alpha Walkers pack which has 23,400 members in total. I chose my hyungs as the Alphas of those territories when I became the head Alpha. They were the strongest and perfect for their positions. I have grown up among them. They are basically my family and my mentor. The sixth territory 'Full Moon' was a new territory that was merged to Alpha Walkers a week ago and we were to recruit a new Alpha for the Full Moon.

My mother Ju-Won the former Luna wanted me to wait for my true mate stating I will find true happiness only with my mate and also I will be much stronger if my true mate was by my side. I believed her too. We werewolves can sense our mates when we turn 18 but I had not found mine. But since father and I both wanted for me to take up the Alpha position sooner, I became the head Alpha with Dahee by my side as my Luna.

I had not mark Dahee. Dahee was 20 years old and she was also an alpha. She wanted to meet her true mate just like me. We both agreed that if we find our true mates, we will walk our own ways. And if we don't till I turn 20 which was 9 months away, then I was to mark her and she will become my mate. We both stayed at the pack house, our rooms adjacent to each other. Many pack members mistook Dahee for my mate as she was the Luna of the pack.

My wolf JK is normally very quiet and does not appear until necessary. But from the past few days, he had been stirring alot. JK did not hate Dahee but he was upset with me for not waiting for our mate. Me and my wolf JK get along really fine but he was stubborn and being a trueblood he can really be aggressive sometimes. JK couldn't wait to find our mate just like me. And I was worried that JK might jump our mate the first moment he sense her.

'I have self respect you idiot.' My wolf JK remarked. He thinks he was smarter than me.

'I am thrill.' I responded back and he rolled his eyes and went back sitting down and not arguing back. I was glad he didn't argue back because I was not in the mood either and I have to get ready for the recruitment of the Alpha of the 'Full Moon'. Namjoon hyung and Yoongi hyung have already selected 25 wolves out of the 137 wolves who were  qualified for the position. The best fighter among those 25 men will be the 7th Alpha of the Alpha Walkers.

I put on my blue jeans, a white v neck tee, a black blazer and a pair of white sneakers to finish off.  I didn't want to wear a proper formal as we were going outdoor to watch a fight. When I was ready I went downstairs and found Dahee waiting for me in the living room.