Chapter 11: Almost there

DEDICATED TO aalibabes FOR COMMENTING SHE MADE MY DAY

It's been a month. A month and three days from April fools day, meaning it's May Fourth.

We have three more days until graduation and I'm exhausted, between all of the exams, and Bella, and then trying to avoid Nick. I'm about to throw my hands in the air and yell "go ahead, shoot me" to the world.

I've applied for like fifty colleges, went job scouting, all while everyone else went to parties, had fun, stuff like that.

The only thing I'm looking forward too is graduation and my off year, between college and school.

I was told I was a contender for Valedictorian, so I also have to write a speech, yay.

"Lucky Hun, the shoots over"

I snapped back into reality and glanced at Trisha and sighed.

"Coming"

She frowned and drew an arm around my shoulders.

"What's wrong Hun? Boy troubles, grades, what?"

I shrugged

"Everything"

She rubbed my shoulder and led me from the studio.

"I know, we'll go get some of your favorite coffee.".

I sighed, a bit more playfully

"Well it certainly wouldn't hurt."

She laughed as we walked out of the building and down the busy streets.

We walked to the dainty little coffee shop on the corner, the one which I'd fallen in love with. from the cute baby blue shade down to the flower displays outside the windows.

The familiar bell sounded and we walked into the small place, only turning the heads of the barista.

"Good afternoon how may I help you?"

I slid my aviators off of my face and pretended to look at the menu.

"I'll have my regular."

The girl looked at me like I'd grown two heads.

"Regular."

I nodded, smiling on the inside at her uncomfortably posture.

She was saved as mama T walked out from the kitchen

"Miss Lacey are you making trouble for the newbies again?" She scolded me.

I grinned at the old woman and admired how she leveled her stress so well.

"You know mama T"

She shook her head at me and typed me and Trisha's regular orders into the screen and shooed us off to sit down.

I slid into a booth next to the glass wall, letting you look out onto the sidewalks.

"Trisha." I said

"Yes lace?"

I swallowed and played with the edge of my shirt.

"I'm gonna reveal myself at graduation."

Her eyes grew in shock.

"This is great Hun, I'm so proud of you. "

I smiled and was about to reply when I looked at the door, oh no. it was him.

I looked back at Trisha and excused myself to the restroom.

Walking fast with my head down I scurried across the room, which had seemed to get a lot smaller.