Chapter One: The baby

"Push! Push, baby push!"

That's all I heard outside of the door.

I groaned and leaned my head back in the seat. this is going to take awhile.

"Hi" I turned my head to see a guy about me age sitting in the chair next to me. I looked over my sunglasses to inspect him. tall, built, sandy blonde hair, typical all American boy.

Without replying I slipped my sunglasses back to my eyes and leaned my head back again. if I talk he'll notice me from school.

Acting like I didn't reject the conversation he started talking again.

"You have really long legs, are you a model?"

I shook my head and stared at the wall clock.

"Have I seen you before? You look familiar."

I rolled my eyes under my shades, this kid is so stupid.

I decided tell him to beat it, but I figured he deserved answers, I know I'm such a nice person.

"What school do you go to?"

I laid a southern accent on thick.

"Northern Comps."

I mentally sighed when he didn't say the name of my high-school.

"Well then, my name is lacy, what's yours?" I dropped the accent and his face twisted in confusion.

"But you-"

"Answer the question please." I snapped.

"Riley." I nodded and shook his outstretched hand.

"And I probably look familiar because,"

I hesitated a bit. he nodded expectantly.

"Because, I am a model."

His mouth dropped slightly then closed. he started laughing.

"Ha, amazing what girls do to get attention these days."

A little bit of anger sparked in my stomach, but I pushed it back down.

"Why do you think I'm not a model?" I tried to keep emotion out of my words.

He shrugged

"I mean, you're pretty but not that pretty."

I was wearing some baggy sweatpants and a large hoodie. when they called saying my mums water broke I was in the middle of a swim suit shoot, so I didn't have time to grab my glasses and braces.

"Fine, believe what you want"

I got up and slid my over wear off, revealing my slim white bikini. I untied my hair, shook it out and tossed it over my shoulder. walking to my mums room I looked over my shoulder to the awestruck guy.

I winked and slipped inside of the door.

I saw my brother and dad huddled in the corner looking at mum, who had those things on her tummy and was wheezing in pain.

I rolled my eyes and pushed my dad over to my mums side. he reluctantly held his hand out, my mum and dad met in the military, my point being she wasn't weak.

She latched onto his hand and squeezed as hard as she could as if making up for the time he wasn't holding her hand. my dad's face stayed strait, you could tell it didn't hurt, my dad was a tough guy, but still he winced a bit when my mum screamed.

I peeked out the window to find my sweatpants and hoodie gone and a small note setting on the chair the boy was sitting in. making sure my eyes were covered in sunglasses and my hair fell in a veil around my face, I stepped out of the room and scampered to the chair. grabbing the note I ran into the nearest janitorial closet.