Chapter 22: The Baby

"Do you need more water babe?" Nick asked as if I hadn't just drank like two gallons.

"Nick" sighed "I'm pregnant, not dying of thirst"

I patted his arm as looked out the window of our private limo.

"So, you need something to eat?" He asked, continuing to bug me.

"Nick honey" I held his hands and looked into his eyes

"I know you're concerned and want to make sure I'm comfortable, but I'm thankful for how helpful your being, but I'm just pregnant."

Nick finally sat down next to me and wrapped an arm around my shoulders

"I know but it's your first baby, and I don't think you should've been on that plane, and you may have carsickness, or food cravings, or-"

"Nick" I silenced him with a quick kiss on the lips.

"I'm perfectly fine, you haven't been reading those parenting books again have you?" He nodded and pulled out his laptop.

"See, right here it says pregnant women shouldn't take planes, or be near birds or litter boxes, or"

"Nick!" I groaned and shut his laptop making him stop reading.

"I told you, those parenting books don't work, my mom and dad tried that, and I barely even saw them as a kid."

Nick nodded and twisted his hands together.

" I know but I've never been a father and what if I don't do it right?"

I rolled my eyes and leaned on his shoulder.

"I've seen you with summer and Cale, you'll be a fantastic dad, so calm down. I've never seen you this wound up"

His smirked and leaned into my neck.

"Oh yes you have." he whispered kissed me on the jaw.

"Well, that went 0 to 100 real quick, are you sure you're not the pregnant woman with mood swings?"

Nick frowned and kissed me again.

"I think we both know I'm a man"

I scoffed and pushed him playfully away from me.

He tried to entrap me in his arms again but I leaned up to the glass separating us and the chauffeur.

"How much longer until we get there sir?" I asked politely.

"About five more minutes ma'am" the older man replied

"Ok thank you" I said and leaned back into my place with Nick.

"Are you nervous?" He asked pulled me into his lap.

I wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned my back into his chest.

"Not as nervous as you and this baby but yes, I am nervous. I mean I haven't seen them in what two years?"

"Well Sasha told me I couldn't come back until you were pregnant and now here we are."

I laughed at my old agent.

"I'm sure she didn't mean that" I giggled picturing her banning Nick to our small town back in Texas.

"Probably by but at the time she was scarier than the devil.".

I slapped his chest and gave him a scolding look.

"You shouldn't talk about your elders that way, had good ole radiant springs taught you nothing?"

Nick grinned and buried his head in my neck.