New Body, New Feelings (Part 2)

Wow I didn't expect that to get that much attention, but for those who asked for a part two, here yah go

Moon woke up in his bed, sitting up as he yawned. He didn't understand why we had to yawn, it was an odd thing to install into a robot. He dragged himself out of bed, feeling an empty feeling in his lower torso. It didn't hurt but felt like he wanted something, but he didn't know what. He also felt cold. Was that possible? Feeling cold? He felt warm under the blankets but it didn't feel like he was overheating. It was an odd feeling.

Moon went through the entrance of his room to see Sun already up, looking through the closet of his new clothes. He admired Sun from afar, watching him get excited over the variations of outfits that had been placed in his closet. 

He felt his face get hot as he stared at Sun, the feeling coming back in his torso again. Moon didn't know how he could describe this feeling; it felt like something was flying around in his torso, a tickling feeling that didn't make him laugh. Is this what butterflies felt like? If so, why did he have butterflies? He was just looking at Sun. It's not like he's ever seen him before and now that they're separate bodies, he just wanted to get familiar with his face. That's all. Maybe it was a malfunction. 

Sun turned to see Moon was awake, his grin growing wider. He stretched his arms out to Moon to show the various pieces of clothing draped across his arms. He started rambling on and on to Moon about how he's always wanted to try different clothes on and not just the uniforms they were assigned to wear all the time, throwing the clothes on his bed. Moon stared as he watched Sun slip his shirt off, admiring the faint glitter that sparkled in the light on his torso. He turned away when he took his pants off, giving him privacy even though there probably wasn't anything there. When Sun said he could look, he turned his head around to see Sun in a white shirt that looked like it had paint splattered across it in different directions, with jean overalls and white sneakers. Sun clapped his hands in joy, twirling around. 

"What do you think, Moony? Does it look good on me?" He asked excitedly, waiting for a reply from Moon, who felt like he just went braindead as he admired the new outfit. He didn't give him an answer when he had snapped back to reality, instead just gave him a small smile and thumbs up. Sun giggled and continued to look at his clothes. 

Moon wondered if he had a closet in his room so he went in to see. He saw a tall black closet, with stars scattered across the doors, in the corner and opened it. He saw a variety of shirts and pants, surprised that the employees would do this kind of thing. A row of shirts was hanging there along with pants that were folded and laid over the hangers. There was a row of different shoes at the bottom, such as sneakers and slippers. Moon reached his hand out to a starry sweater and a pair of sweatpants and slippers, closing the closet doors. He peeled his clothes off and slipped his legs into the sweatpants first, caught off guard by the new texture. They were soft and comfortable, and slightly baggy. He then put his sweater on, ran his hand across the fabric to smooth it out, and slipped his feet into his slippers.

Moon didn't know what it was but he felt comfortable and happy in these clothes. The soft texture was comforting but it also made him sleepy somehow. He found this confusing. Is this why the humans referred to them as "lazy clothes"? 

Suddenly, Sun busted into his room, his hands behind his back. He was wearing something different, instead of the overalls and shirt he was wearing earlier he was wearing high-waisted jeans and a long-sleeved yellow shirt that appeared to be soft with a bee in the center of the chest. Where the shirt and the jeans met, the fabric hung over a bit, making it look slightly poofy. Moon jumped in surprise as he saw Sun come in out of nowhere, seeing his hands behind his back and his new attire. 

"Moony!" Sun smiled wide, showing his tooth gap. "The employees came by our door today and guess what they brought us?" 

"Uh..." Moon searched for an answer in his head, finally replying with a: "What is it?"

Sun giggled and took Moon's hand, dragging him out of his room. What stood before them was a tray of different foods on what looked like a cart on wheels. There were strawberries, two tall drinks, a plate of pancakes, and some eggs. Moon suddenly felt an odd sensation in his mouth. He felt his mouth water but was unsure where it was coming from. He tried to ignore it as they got closer to the food, picking up a strawberry.

"They brought us food," Moon said, a little confused as to why they would do this. Was this the feeling he was feeling this morning? Hunger? Were they allowed to eat food? "Never thought they'd be the type to do that...sort of thing. For robots."

"Me either! But I'm not complaining, I like this, " Sun picked up a fork, carefully cut the pancakes, and took a bite. He stared at the pancakes, his jaw-dropping after he swallowed. "This tastes amazing! Moon, you have to try it!"

Moon stared at the pancakes, eating the whole strawberry and cutting the pancakes. He was surprised that strawberries were this sweet, but they tasted good nonetheless. He chewed at the strawberry as he scooped up a piece of pancake, swallowing the strawberry. He put the piece of pancake in his mouth, nodding at Sun. "It does taste good," He said, taking another bite. The two continued to eat up the food, enjoying themselves. They never thought that they would be treated like this. They were robots, they were only around for money, but the employees saw them differently. 

Before they switched bodies, Moon would overhear the employees talking about the new design, saying something about them being "sentient". He knew what the word meant, but he didn't think it would apply to him. Did they have the ability to feel? Did they have some sort of consciousness? Were they not just robots with codes and wires embedded into their heads? 

Moon decided to shrug it off and not think much of it at first, but now that the employees started giving them new clothes and food to eat, he thought a little more about it. He wondered if they were ever gonna get to the point where they could leave the daycare and be around people, but he knew that wouldn't happen. Besides, he liked the daycare, despite the virus invading his life. He liked children, he enjoyed putting them to sleep, singing to them, reading to them, and playing with them right before bedtime. But he knew Sun felt the opposite. Sun felt a little trapped. He did enjoy the kids as much as him, but he wished he could explore the world. Maybe that would happen, though. They did start getting days off. 

Maybe this is just the tip of the iceberg.