Chapter 15

Karma

Karma walks down a street after school. Training is canceled because Akari wanted to join the study group. He has no interests in it because he believes he can fare well without it.

"Now... what should I have for lunch?" Karma wonders aloud. "Ramen?"

As he walks on, he catches something in the edge of his vision. He spins his head to the left. It is a gift store. His reflection stares back at him in the well-polished showcase glass. Large colourful teddy bears align horizontally on the opposite of the glass; their beady black eyes remind him of Korosensei's.

An idea pops up in his mind. I should buy something for her.

He takes out his phone and summons Ritsu, who is always available whenever anyone needs her. "Ritsu, do girls like teddy bears?"

Ritsu immediately searches the web and creates a detailed statistic within minutes. "According to the statistics, over 80% of girls like teddy bears. The next preference is flowers. Then chocolates. "

Karma taps his chin. Teddy bears huh? But they don't suit her.

As he glances from outside of the shop, he spots something blue snuggled within the corners of the tiny premise.

That's it.

"Are you buying one for Akari-chan?" Ritsu asks with her chirpy voice.

"How'd you know?"

Ritsu immediately changes her wardrobe into a Sherlock Holmes outfit, accompanied with a magnifying glass. "I've been noticing that you and Akari-chan have been very close."

"You're lucky because you're animated or else I'll force wasabi down your throat like the other three stalkers," Karma replies nonchalantly.

Ritsu flinches. "By the way... Akari-chan's birthday is in Summer, in case you're wondering for an excuse to gift her a present."

"That's very thoughtful of you. Thank you."

"You're welcome!"

Her birthday huh? I can save up enough money for it.

Karma pushes the door to enter but stops when his phone rings. He picks it up. It is Isogai.

"What's up?" Karma asks. It is rare to have Isogai call him. Even though they're love rivals, he respects the male class rep and admires his leadership, something Karma can never cultivate because he prefers manipulation. However, he doesn't get used to Isogai treating him nice and helping him by solving conflicts around him. Karma appreciates it but he couldn't accustom to kindness. After all, people stay away from him because he is a devil. Isogai approaches him despite his notorious fame.

"Have you seen Akari?"

Karma doesn't like the sound of it. "I thought she was with you."

"She's... missing..."

Karma snaps. "What do you mean she's missing?!"

"She... she ran off... just meet us at the ramen shop near her apartment!"

Karma immediately summons Ritsu. His fingers are quaking badly that he almost dropped the phone. "Ritsu, track down Akari's phone!" he shouts as he runs down the street, straight to the appointed destination.

"I tracked. Apparently she left her phone at Isogai's home. She didn't take it when she left," Ritsu reports. "I'll hack into the street surveillance cameras for the search."

"Thank you."

Karma keeps on running. He doesn't stop. He is scared. Completely unpredictable, idiotic, dense girl always makes him worried sick of her!