Chapter 44

Akari

Akari

"Today, we'll finish our previous yearbook!" Korosensei hollers as he piles stacks of photos onto the desk. "We will record different kinds of photos so that we can keep it as our memories forever!"

He shows us a plethora of photos that he has secretly taken of everyone in every occasion, from ugly selfies to embarrassing naked photos.

"Hurry! Destroy your photos before someone else sees them!" someone shouts and the entire class gets into action to get rid of their photos.

I comb through the photos, finding a few of my embarrassing photos, most of them involved me kissing Karma. Angrily I tear them into shreds, even though I believe Korosensei has kept copies of them.

"We need more!" Korosensei shouts desperately. "There aren't enough photos! It's time for a photoshoot!" He ushers us out of the class and puts us into different kinds of costumes. Some are dressed as aliens, while some are dressed as animals.

I look forward to what Korosensei is going to dress me in. In a blink of an eye, I find myself clad in a snow-white kimono, which looks exactly like those bridal kimono I've seen on TVs.

"You have got to be kidding me," I mutter.

"Looks like we're wearing matching outfits, Akari-chan~"

I turn around. Karma is wearing the traditional groom kimono, which is mainly black and greyish in colour. The moment he sees me, he freezes like an antelope hit by car lights.

"What?"

Karma covers his mouth and averts his eyes away shyly. His cheeks are suddenly kissed pink, the blooming colour a contrast to his usual cool face.

Looking at the rosiness of his cheeks, I couldn't help but blush at how cute he looks.

"You're...... beautiful," he silently mutters.

"Why aren't you looking at me?"

He coughs. "It's just...... I err... didn't know you would look so beautiful as a bride."

My cheeks heat up. "So it's a good thing?"

He nods. "When I see you, I realised the girl I love could look so beautiful as a bride. And I thought, 'wow, if she looks so beautiful just wearing a bridal kimono, then she would be even more beautiful when I marry her someday'."

My heart pounds in my chest. Marriage is something I have never given a thought of. It feels strange, yet feels so right.

"W-what are you talking about? H-h-how presumptuous of you to think that I would marry you," I stutter nervously.

Instead of his usual playful smirk, a warm and gentle smile blooms across Karma's face. "I know you will."

Those words snipe my fragile heart. "Stop being cheesy!"