motion sickness

Luna rushed downstairs and into the kitchen to see her father. Tears formed in her eyes but they didn't dare to fall out. She didn't know why she was crying. It was just something about hearing Demi talk about her own mother in such a negative way set something off inside of her. How could she be so ungrateful when there was people like her that didn't have a mom. People don't realize how much they have until they lose it.

"Dad, I wanna go home. Now." Luna stated as she stepped into the kitchen. She grabbed her coat off of the chair before the door swung open again, this time, Demi entered the room.

Jesse studied his daughters face and looked at Demi. Luna rushed out the room, brushing past Demi in a way that he had never seen before. Once Luna was out the room, Jesse took the opportunity to confront Demi.

"What the hell did you do?" Jesse asked whole giving Demi a look that could kill.

"Nothing, I swear! I would never hurt her." Demi admitted and she wasn't lying. She adored Luna and had no idea what set her off.

"You've done it once, I wouldn't put it past you." Jesse mumbled while following Luna's path outside the door. Demi inhaled deeply and held it for a few seconds before letting it go. She knows that leaving them was wrong, it haunts her everyday. But having it constantly thrown in her face by Jesse was just making things worse.

Their forgiveness was something she was never sure if she would get but when she looked at how their relationship has grown within the past month, she expected things to be different. Constantly getting her past thrown in her face had a huge effect on her self esteem. It was like nothing that she did would ever be good enough for their forgiveness.

Minutes passed and Demi continued to wait in the kitchen for Jesse and Luna. She spent the time thinking back on their conversation and figuring out what she said wrong but nothing was coming up. Her anxiety grew as she waited longer and longer. She didn't want to loose Luna becuase if she looses Luna then she'll loose Jesse. That can't happen, not again.

After what feels like forever, Jesse comes back into the kitchen alone. When he spots Demi in the same spot as when he left, a confused look painted his face.

"What are you still doing in here?" He asked. He moved behind the counter to clean up his mess.

"I was waiting to see how Luna was doing." Demi stated. Jesse simply nodded his head to let Demi know he was listening but he didn't talk. "So... how's she doing?"

"She's fine, Demi. There's nothing to worry about. You can go now." Jesse brushed her off. Demi didn't understand why he was making her pull this out of him. She didn't want to get upset but walking him through this conversation was getting annoying.

"Can I at least know what I did so I don't do it again?"

"It's nothing that you did, Demi. There's just certain topics that Luna is sensitive to. She doesn't understand how people can take having a mother for granted." Demi's face dropped as Jesse explained this to her. Demi didn't want Luna go think that she was ungrateful for her mother it's just not every mother deserves their daughter. "She's a teenage girl and her emotions are all over the place, she just needs to get over it."

Demi scrunched her face listening to Jesse. Telling Luna to "get over it" wasn't going to help her learn how to talk about hard topics.

"But her feelings are still valid, Jesse. Regardless of if she's a teenage girl or not. You can't expect her to come to you in the future if you're going to invalidate her feelings."

"I'm not invalidating anything. She just needs to learn that the world doesn't revolve around her and she can't get mad at every little thing!" Jesse couldn't even look Demi in the eye as he spoke. When he finally looked up to Demi, a part of her wished that she would've left even she had the chance.