Soulmates | 02

He'd been searching for what felt like forever, when it had really been the past day.

With only his scent to go on Tsukiyama searched high and low, going  throughout the entire city it felt like, for hours on end with absolutely no results to show for it. He was almost giving up hope at the fruitless venture, convinced he would never meet him again, but something told him to continue his quest and so continue Tsukiyama did.  He had one last ward to check anyway, perhaps he would get lucky.

Kaneki had a long shift at Anteiku to work that day. He had been feeling even more anxious and just-not-feeling-good in general. He figured it had to do with the soulmate thing, but didn't know how to go about searching for Tsukiyama.

His heart was heavy in his chest as he worked well into the afternoon hours.

He was acting like a hopeless romantic and Tsukiyama found he absolutely, positively did not care.

This  ward showed promise, Kaneki's scent was stronger here than the other  places and already Tsukiyama felt his spirits renewed. He went about at a  faster pace, trying to pinpoint exactly where that scent frequented  most, but he was so driven by it that the most simplest of tasks was rather difficult to accomplish. Such a realization made the ghoul sigh and he  instead had to rely on this anxious feeling growing in his chest to  guide him. Tsukiyama wished he would find Kaneki soon, he was already  feeling withdrawal from not seeing those deep eyes.

He saw a coffeeshop in the distance, and figured that was exactly what he needed in order to recollect his thoughts.

Kaneki waited on customers like normal despite the  anxiety welling inside of him. And they were suppose to go on a date  tonight...

The white-haired boy shook his head and kept working. Maybe he would meet Tsukiyama again...

Tsukiyama eyed the name of the shop and smiled,  nostalgic, as he recalled the last time he'd been there. It had surely  been quite some time since he was last at Anteiku.

With a heavy  heart Tsukiyama entered the establishment, only to be hit with full force of Kaneki's scent. He reeled back some and blinked, dazedly taking a few steps inside. It seemed to have a more powerful effect on  him than yesterday, and oh, was it amazing. The ghoul was in such a daze  he took an empty seat without even noticing just why that scent was so strong.

Kaneki halted after serving a customer. He had heard  the familiar jingle of the bell when someone came in but the all too amazing scent floored him. It was him. It was Tsukiyama. He was here.

Kaneki  looked to the nearest table and saw him. A strange noise bubbled up and  out from his throat as if to call out to his soulmate. It was so  instinctual that he couldn't stop it.

Tsukiyama was broken immediately out of his thoughts  and turned to face the source of the sound, locking onto Kaneki  immediately. His breath caught when he saw him and could only manage an awed stare, so surprised and overcome to have actually found him  Tsukiyama was shocked into silence. After all this time...

He unconsciously held out his hand.

Kaneki was caught in his gaze, mesmerized once again  by his handsome beauty. He reached for the hand and they both felt an  electric warmth shoot through them, eliciting a rightness between them.

"Hey..." Kaneki murmured as his heart pounded away.

"Hello." Tsukiyama relaxed into an easy smile, his own heart going a  mile a minute with no end in sight. He squeezed the small hand in his.  "We meet again, Kaneki-kun. I suppose you could say this is meant to  be?" A corner of his lips curled into a humored smirk. He cracked  himself up.